BE WARY MM”s, COMPUTER SCAMMERS!!!

Home Forums National Chat BE WARY MM”s, COMPUTER SCAMMERS!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    meathmum1

Hi everyone

had to post, my dad got a phonecall from some computer company, well they said they were dell and could he log into his computer to fix it and there would be a small fee, my dad is a pensioner he didn’t think anything of it, he put on his computer and they got into his computer told him they would have to fix it for him and there would be a fee of 249 and he must pay by visa, they were very persistant, but after that my dads computer crashed , I rang dell and they said they never rang dad it must have been a scam and his whole hard driver and software has to be replaced, well they said it would be 300euro for them to send someone out, my poor dad he was so upset but beware everyone, I have heard a few stories of this happening so be on your guard…….

scole1

my god scary stuff isn’t it….thanks for the heads up hope your dad is ok…what an nasty thing to do to him, they’ll get their come uppance

Taylor5

Thats terrible… .have they no shame?

newmomma

Hi my dp got a phone call like this during the week. The guy said our lap-top was running very slow and an error report had been sent to windows. He said if dp could log in he would be able to fix the problem remotely. Dp said he didn’t know anything about it & would ring me to see. He said the guy was very persistent too. I told him not to let the guy do anything but to get as many details as he could from him. The guy rang back & again was persistent that he could fix the problem but sketchy on who he was or giving contact details.
    I was afraid they wouldbe able to access the internet banking or something. What a crowd of scammers.

MaryE

Yeah, my mam has been getting these calls recently too & they keep ringing her back no matter how many times she says that she is not interested.

I told her to report it to the police.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.