BE ALERT – CAR BREAK-INS FIVE OAKS

Home Forums Louth Chat BE ALERT – CAR BREAK-INS FIVE OAKS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sherbert

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to inform you, a friend of mine that lives in Five Oaks The View was telling me last night that afew of the cars on the road and in Five Oaks Village (detached houses around the corner) have been broken into at night time.

Just to make sure you dont have any sat-navs, mini-tellys or anything like that left in your cars. One of the women left her bag in her car over night by accident and they basically just saw it and smashed the window. They took what the could and ran, and there was another car in The View that was done aswell on the same night so be extra alert for dodgy looking cars hanging around. They arent just going for "old/easy to gain access to" cars. These were pretty new cars that were broken into.

There was a white van seen at the front of the estate at about 5am on Tuesday morning and the driver sped off when they realised they had been seen.

Not wanting to spook anyone but unfortunately you just cant be too careful!!!

Taylor5

God thats mad, I live in The View (one of the detached houses) and never noticed a thing. I dont really live at the front of the house more out the back. Dh always leaves the cars open and the front door, he leaves for work just after 5am, so I’ll ask him ot keep an eye out. I know alot of the imediate neighbours leave about 5.30am or 6am but most of us in the detached house have big dogs that only bark if there is someone about, so if someone was in at our cars Im sure the dog would wake.
    we did have someone try break into dh car last year, he didnt know if happened in work or the garden.
    Last year there was a good few house broken into in the view and the village.
    Thanks for the warning I’ll tell dh to keep his eyes peeled

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.