Batman cake

Home Forums Louth Chat Batman cake

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok it’s my sons birthday on sat and me being such a bad mother forgot to organise birthday cake! Oops! He wants a batman one. He’llonly be 4 and there is only gonna be 5 kids at it do not looking for anything expensive! Have looked in tescos, none. Any ideas, am desperate!

chewieodie
    Participant

VERY easy…. 🙂 Do you bake? If so… just a plain / choc sponge cake…. cover in fondant….. (or colour some buttercream icing)….

And roll some black sugar paste (which you can get for a few euro at Cake Couture)…. cut out the design of the bat (template you can get on the net)…. and Bob’s your uncle.

Homemade ALWAYS tastes better!

I’ve just done a Marvel Cake for my 7 year old…. and its all just about how much detail you want to put in.
    But for low budget…. def make your own…. 😉

Mine had lots of detail… but perhaps using just the colours etc….? With the template? Should make it simple enough for you? OR….. if you don’t want to go the whole sugarpaste route… then Buttercream the cake… and print out the image / or a batman image…. (you might be able to get someone who has an edible ink printer?)… or…. print the little bats on paper….attach to little coctail sticks… and stick in all over the cake ?

Hope that helps…. ?

Jedt
    Keymaster

Fair play chewie….that looks amazing!!! Im not sure l would be able to do that myself – reckon l would be asking cookiemomster , shes fab!

chewieodie
    Participant

Tx Sabbi…. I just wanted to give an idea as to the colours etc…. the little bats etc would be very easy to do…. and Waffy1 could get the idea across without it costing too much… 🙂 Sure, if you have the budget then fair enough… but if you are like me, trying to cut costs wherever I can…. 🙄 Being that the cake was for my son, I was happy to use what I had in the cupboard! lol

munchin
    Participant

wow that’s fab chewie

my sister started a tradition yrs ago that the godmother buys the b’day cake and we’ve done for past 16yrs now!
    DH made my 40th cake and i have to say i loved it – was so chuffed at all the time and effort he put into making it for me 😉

Taylor5

Wow that is some cake….. can you make me one next year! lol

Munchin i have to say we made a cake for dh and he loved it, but the boys were thrilled to bits that it was their cake!

chewieodie
    Participant

Tx gals…. 😉

Bottom line is…. basically anyone can follow arecipe…. and with a little bit of imagination…its fun! Like playing with Playdoh!

My granny always baked… and my mom too…. and cakes were always made in the family… 😆 My kids both bake with me regulary… and while we make cakes, we make memories! Come on WAFFY!!!! You can do it! xxx

And of course… for something a little more special… there is always CookieMomster! 😉

Taylor5

Chewi i bake with mine too, but what we bake look rough and homemade….. but they taste yummy! 😉

chewieodie
    Participant

Chewi i bake with mine too, but what we bake look rough and homemade….. but they taste yummy! 😉

Taylor, that’s what its all about! :wink:

Waffy1

Feck girls ye’re puttin gpressure on me now!!! I’m a crap baker but i MIGHT just MIGHT give it a go! Don’t expect picture tho!!!

chewieodie
    Participant

Feck girls ye’re puttin gpressure on me now!!! I’m a crap baker but i MIGHT just MIGHT give it a go! Don’t expect picture tho!!!

Come on!!!! You can do it!!!!! 😉
    You’ve got nothing to lose… and a very happy little person will be thrilled! x

Taylor5

Come on!!!! You can do it!!!!! 😉
    You’ve got nothing to lose… and a very happy little person will be thrilled! x

Waffy if the cake seems too much, you could do cup cakes with butter icing and then black roll out icing and do little bat shapes to sit on each cake….

Waffy1

Well I made my own cake at the weekend & little man helped me…It was the ugliest cake i’ve ever seen but he was delighted! tasted ok so i didn’t poison any children!

chewieodie
    Participant

Absolutely brilliant!!!!! Well done you!
    Like I said… its about making memories…. 🙂 And it sounds like you did. Who cares what it looks like? You all had fun with it…x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.