bad pedestrian/traffic planning in Drogheda

Home Forums National Chat bad pedestrian/traffic planning in Drogheda

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    zippie

Is anyone else driven insane with how hard it is to get around Drogheda as a pedestrian?

Take the top of Peter Street |(the junction with William Street/Fair Street) at the entrance to the Laurence Town Centre. Ever tried to cross there pushing an infant in a pram with one hand and a 3 year old with the other? It is almost as if they don’t want people walking around town at all. It’s not as if the traffic is going anywhere fast at that point – surely it’s as obvious as the nose on your face that some sort of crossing is needed here?!

That’s just one example in a sea of disastrous town planning. Shop Street (beside Wogan’s), the Bull Ring, Sunday’s Gate, Trinity Street/North Road – and I’m sure there’s many more examples I don’t know about.

Wouldn’t it be great if we all got together as a concerned pedestrians group and were able to lobby the Council more effectively?

Is anyone interested??

Jedt

Maybe our local politicians can help? Fergus O’Dowd has an office on West St. you could call in some day when you are out with the kids. I find him quite helpful.

Good luck!
    Siobhan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.