Babysitting Swaps!!

Home Forums National Chat Babysitting Swaps!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Most of us have had to tighten our belts over the last few years and nights out are not as frequent for those of us who are on a budget. For those of us whodo not have family close by, getting a baby sitter can be awkward and expensive.

Some parents I know started doing ‘Babysitting swaps’ for each other a few months ago and were talking about it and soon the idea caught on and now there are a good few mums doing it.

It means you get to leave the kids with someone you know and trust who is also a parent and there is no money involved. So instead of paying a teenager 50 quid (thats the going rate!) you would do it for the other person and then they would return the favour and no money exchanges hands

I thought this was such a great idea and wanted to write about it and maybe inspire others to do the same. :)

that’s how we got to oxegen this year! And my friend in return is getting to her wedding!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Brilliant Jene!! It’s so simple…..yet so great!!

Conorsmum

That is a fab idea! I just need to meet people first! 😆

scole1

my mil did this years ago in england, when she had dh and his brother, she was new enough to the area, and met some girls through work and then through mother and toddler, they became friends and would then do babysitting swaps, they would build up credit with one another, say a credit and hour and then exchange it with one another, she said it was great as times were tough and also NO INTERNET way back then….

obviously she had no family to babysit so they did this and was a great thing to do….

so get babysitting swapping….why not….

Jenny!!!

Sounds great, i am definately interested… dont have any family around and hate paying a babysitter when we just want to go to the flix.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.