Baby’s first shoes…

Home Forums National Chat Baby’s first shoes…

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    joey_rudd

just got my ds’s 1st pair of real shoes today he’s been marching up and down the hall as proad as punch listening to the noise his shoes make
    he’d been trying to put the on himself too, he’s delighted with them

MaryE

Hi There,

I got my ds his first pair of Shoes (well pre-walkers) last night. I went in to buy crawling shoes but as he is standing & trying to walk they told me to buy pre-walkers.

All very uneventful really, don’t know what i was expecting. It was a big deal for me getting him shoes but no one else was bothered including shop assistant, ds (well, in his defense it was past his bed time by the time we got to shop) or dh. I think he looks all grown up in them. Where is my baby gone?

Anyway, paid nearly 40 for them & the first thing he tries to do when we got out of the shop was to pull them off!!! I should have known better as socks never stay on him.

Off on Holidays this weekend (Can’t wait for some sun), so i will have to watch the shoes like a hawk or he will have them pulled off & throw them out of the buggy!!

Saying that i am glad i bought them as he is more sturdy now when standing.

Just thought i would share that with you.

Jedt
    Keymaster

this article will be in paper next monday, it turned out lovely, had a huge response with lots of nice stories about baby’s first shoes.

I actually got my daughter her first shoes last week, even though she’s baby number 3 still had a tear in my eye!!

Think I’ll always be a bit sappy – my son has his first day of school this September – my husband says I’m not going for fear of flooding!!

thanks to everyone who got in touch about this piece, it was a pleasure tp work on.

Siobhan

Yvonne

That happened us Edel, brought DD a lovely pair of start rite sandles – €48 – we went to England the following week and while out shopping, one got lost! I was raging!

Taylor5

I got ds a pair of timerland soft shoes in Izzey and co I think we paid about 45 euro for them, we had to go to Bernard Englishs (top of west street) when we got there we realised that one shoe was gone, we walked back down west street and meatmarket lane but no sign of the shoe!!!!! I was gutted but learnted a good lesson

MaryE

Whats the lesson Taylor?

Don’t buy expensive shoes? Well, I didn’t see any for under €35 in Clarks!!
    or
    Don’t buy shoes for them until they are older, just let them go barefooted?
    or
    Watch them like a hawk with their new shoes?

joey_rudd

my ds’s new shoes only cost 26 euro in paddy dwyers i thought that was good
    he loves them….this from a boy who refused to wear anything on his feet before

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi all,

This article features in the Health & Living pullout of today’s Irish Indepdent,

very cute pics to go along with the story too.

thanks to all who contributed their stories and ideas!

Siobhan

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.