Baby’s first shoes…

Home Forums National Chat Baby’s first shoes…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m writing a piece about baby’s first shoes…

does anyone have any anecdotes or funny stories about when baby got their first pair of shoes?

Is anyone planning to get their first shoes soon? I would love to organise a photo for the paper of a little nipper getting their very first pair whilst a teary eyed mammy and daddy look on….

please PM me or reply here,

thanks so much,
    Siobhan

yummymummy

my brother had his first shoes a few days and he put one in the microwave hahahahaha, the whole sole is hanging off and my mam still has them 23 years later!!!
    funny???!!! LOL

Yvonne

😆 😆 😆
    I’d say your Mam wasn’t too happy!!!

yummymummy

hahaha too right she wasn’t!

Jedt
    Keymaster

that’s funny…I can imagine your mam going mad!!

what do you guys think of the price of shoes for babies and small children. do you get your child fitted in a shop like clarks or do you go elsewhere? trying to figure out who goes where and how much they pay

thanks
    siobhan

yummymummy

when i got my ds shoes, about 5 1/2 years ago now(he was a slow starter) i got them in Dyers shoe shop on shop street, got his feet measuered and they were a 5 H which were wide, so they only had 2 types of shoe for that size, neither really appealing but had to get a pair as there was really no where else to get them and at €50 they were expensive enough!!!!

Yvonne

I had DD measured in Dwyers for her first shoes also, she had cruisers, were €28, not too bad, but for the time she had in them! Baby shoes are expensive.

Taylor5

I got ds his first shoes in Izzey and co and he had a wide foot too, he was a 6H and they cost around the 40euro mark.

My mam always tells a story of my oldest brother, she had to get his shoes made as his feet were sooo wide. She had just paid 50 pounds in Arnotts (this was over 40 years ago), the went for a walk along the Liffey and my brother fecked his shoe in…. Mam said she felt like sitting and cry as it was more then the average weeks wage, she said she was so angry she felt like feckin my brother in after them. There was a fisherman fishing on the weir and he managed to fish the shoe out……. mam said she couldnt walk that way again and she never told my dad what happened 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

joey_rudd

my ds just started walking and we were waiting till that happened before we got him his first really shoes, he’s had slipper but never kept them on for longer than 5 minutes….don’t know when it’ll happen though
    my mil bought my dd her 1st pair of shoes so i didn’t get to see that
    i plan on getting my ds and dd2 theirs myself this time
    he’s nearly 2 i know its late in getting his 1st pair but he hates having shoes or socks on his feet

Taylor5

Joey dont rush out and buy your ds shoes, they recommend that they are walking for 3 months before they wear shoes…… you can get great slipper like shoes called shooshoes in Izzey and co or buy online for cheaper. They are great and kids find them a bit trick to pull and kick off. They say the best for newly walking kids is barefoot

scole1

their first shoes to me is such a turning point in their life, how you’re baby goes from little baby to the adventurous toddler it’s so precious…..but really shoes don’t last very long, not that they get destroyed but they just grow out of them sooo fast and the fact that kids shoes are so expensive 45euro for their shoes every few months, i won’t spend that on my shoes, but my feet are as a result of that wonky….it’s important that proper shoes proper fitting shoes are put on the child’s feet as their little bones are still forming and cheap wrong fitting shoes aren’t good for their feet……

i have my son’s first shoes i plan to get them bronzed, my mom did this for both my brothers for their 21st birthday and they’re so cute lovely to have, i instead have my first dress and booties boxed framed as my keep sake, but i’m going to get my ds first walking shoes the ones he took his first step in on the 17th Feb 2007 ……the most memorable moment of my life one giant step from baby to toddler in one tiny little step and tiny little pair of shoes….

it’s kind of heartbreaking how we are so desperate to keep our kids memories of being that tiny baby that depended on it’s mommy and daddy so close, by taking hand prints, photos, videos, lock of hair diary, etc….. but at the same time it’s wonderful to see them grow up so much…

Taylor5

Are you joking you wouldnt spend 45 euro on shoes!!!!! I have to spend a fortune on shoes due to my back, I would pay 95 or more for ecco shoes

munchin
    Participant

we got my little one her first shoes (cruisers in clarks) when we were in liverpool at xmas, we still had her in stocking feet most of the time though until she was fully established walking. They are expensive alright. Clarks are now doing a Doodle shoes & sandle, they are canvas upper instead of leather and machine washable, I got these for missy last time, i thought they’d be perfect for summer – got the sandles & shoes for € 46 and she loves them.

Sweetpea

I got DD those shooshoos also when she started to cruise around the place and just to get her used to wearing some kind of shoe as she was only ever in her socks or bare feet. And we then got her the pre walkers in Izzy & co when she was a bit more sturdy and while in those she just took off and has been practically jogging about the place since 😆 😉 😆 So we are ready for the serious walkers now 😆 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

lovely stories, im laughing my head off here thinking about that shoe being lobbed into the river. im sure it wasnt funny then but now its hilarious.
    keep em coming – this will be a lovely atricle. its definitely a touching event, baby first shoes, a turning point when he or she is no longer a little baby.

ahh, sad but joyous too.

ill be bringing my 11 month old for hers before I know it!!! they grow so fast….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.