Baby Reflexology (baby reflex)

Home Forums Mums & Dads in Business Baby Reflexology (baby reflex)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lavender

Hi all, my name is Karen, I am a qualified & experienced nurse & holistic therapist and I run The Lavender Room in Johnstown Village. I just want to inform everyone of a new and exciting course I am running for parents & babies, pregnant ladies and carers/grandparents in Navan.

Baby Reflex is reflexology for babies. The classes involve teaching parents how to practise safe, researched and effective reflexology techniques to use on their babies to help such issues as colic, reflux and sleep problems.
    Classes are held weekly for 3 weeks.
    Week 1 covers Feeding and Digestion
    Week 2 covers Sleeping and Comfort
    Week 3 covers Wellbeing (including teething)

Classes are baby centred and very relaxed so as well as learning a new skill you can meet other parents in your area and build up a support network. Cost is 80euro in total for 3 classes. It is a skill you will be able to use for your child as he/she grows and is fantastic "time out" for you both. (great for bullying, tantrums etc in later years).

Baby Reflex is new to Ireland with only a small number of Irish reflexologists recently trained by Jenny Lee the founder. (Jenny has 15 years experience working in this area with great results for treating babies and kids with asthma, sleep problems etc.) I am delighted to bring this new course to Navan and excited in terms of how it can help parents.
    If you are outside Navan please go to http://www.babyreflex.co.uk to find your nearest Irish Instructor.

I was honoured to be asked to discuss and demonstrate baby reflex ,on Ireland am, TV3 April ’09 and you can see the clip on the following link.
    http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=8178 … .74&page=1

So for anybody who thinks they would like to join me and other parents/babies in one of my forthcoming classes please contact me on ph 087 6117267 or online http://www.thelavenderroom.net
    Classes are small to ensure attention to detail so book early to avoid dissapointment.

I look forward to meeting the new generation of meath!
    Karen O Toole (qualified general nurse, BNS, HDip Family Practise Nursing, Dip Reflexology, MIRI, Cert Indian Head Massage, -post grad Cancer & Reflexology, Maternity Reflexology, – Diploma Professional Aromatherapy & Massage, MIFPA, Baby Reflex Instructor.)

reflexlisa

That sounds really brilliant Karen – anything to help soothe a child naturally is always beneficial.
    All the best with the courses!

Lisa

Moonflower

That is a lovely idea Karen…fabulous way to calm our precious babies….

I often did Reflexology on my little boy as a baby…very gentle but very effective…….

wishing you very best with your courses…wonderful skill for any parent to have.

Moonflower x

Almae

Best of luck with your Baby reflex 🙂

Almae xx.

babymassage

Hi Karen..that’s sounds great.. I myself am a holistic therapist, a C.I.M.I. & a Birthlight Baby Yoga Instructor,But unfortunaetly never got around to training fully in reflexology..I recieve treatments from a friend though…love them. I teach a tiny bit about reflex points in my baby massage class…which is very effective..
    I will also be a new Mum in November..I live outside Navan..but not that far..so I do hope to attend your classes then..well done..another way to strenghten our bond with the new little people in our lifes while helping them also….

sunshineorla

I seen your segment on Tv. You were really good. I teach baby massage myself and I ‘m always rubbing my 1 year old’s feet…he loves it. Well done on getteing raising awareness of it. Babies instively put their feet out to be rubbed , says it all !!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.