Baby Ethan is here

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Baby Ethan is here

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    happymumblemum
    Participant

Huge congrats!!!!!!!

Welcome baby Ethan 😀

lyn11

Congratulations…its lovely to hear such good news after such a long road!

chickpea

Defo going to the meeting in march pookie…my friend who also had a baby a couple of weekd before is coming with me..we are looking forward to it and hopefully meet you…as long as your not in labour…not long now for you…yyaayy….

every time some one says "ah hes lovely i just say yes he is, isnt he…", im so overwhelmed with him…

had a little panic with him yesterday, we were in scothch hall and i need to use the toilet and panicked cause i didnt know what to do with the baby….i didnt know if the cubicles would fit the pram or anything.. i ended up seeing a friends 18 yr old son with his friends and approached him and left the baby with him…the poor lad was in shock cause he doesnt know me, but thank god i knew his folks…fair play to him…but i honestly didnt have a clue what to do..i just panicked and with the stitches and everything i knew id be a little longer than usual in there….The joys…didnt think id have to be learning all this at near 40…lol….

QUESTION:::::
    what do i do cause ethan will only fall asleep in my arms, if i try to put him in the crib or moses basket he screams the house down..i feel im doing the wrong thing by letting him sleep in my arms but i do be just so tired…any advice cause i dont want to have him ruined either and make it harder on myself????

All advice greatly appreciated…hugs and kissis

pookie2

Use a sling, baby!!! (Think African ladies rather than mothercare)

Best things God ever invented! Google ‘Kangaroo’ & ‘slings’ & an Irish website should come up. Important to get proper advice, though. Some are better for little babies & they can take a little practice to master the knack but well worth it

Or, call to Costa Coffee, Marshes, Dundalk on Weds 10 -12. There is a breastfeeding group there & a German girl called Ina is a sling expert. If you are interested I can pm you her number. Be warned she is also due in March, so get in there fast! 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

Great advice pookie, I used slings and they are so fab. I used a Neonato carrier and loved it. I bought it when my second baby was about 6 weeks old and used the very same one on my 3 girls. It was about 50 quid and I reckon that was great value since it lasted me for 3 babies! I only wish I had known about it when I had my first baby as I had no sling on him and looking back, it would have been easier if I had it then too.

The Neonato carrier is one piece of fabric that goes over your head and around your body. There are no straps or buckles and I found it excellent and easy to use. I could walk around, pee, do housework all with baby asleep in the sling on me.

Can’t wait to see you & baby next Tuesday in Bagel Bar – we’ll all be gushing over this little guy who took a very long time to get here!! 😀

pookie2

I used a few different types. Depends what your priorities are. The one I used mostly last time is called Je porte mon babe (JPMB). Think it means I carry my baby. There is a demo video on youtube (?) showing one way to wear it & it is a howl. Only the French could show a man putting on a sling and made it kinda sexy!!!¬ It is basically one big long piece of stretchy fabric, very flexible & comfy to wear, but not great for putting on in a wet car park (as long etc). Can use frontways, backways, sideways etc etc from tiny baby to toddler.

Have loan of a ring sling as well for this one – but haven’t had a chance to use it yet!

The kangaroo website will rent you one for a couple of weeks (I think they still do this) with the option of buying if it suits you. Also has a lot of info on factors to consider etc….

(Hope to see you next week in Drogheda, but if a no show, forgive me, not lack of interest in new wee man, but due on the Fri)

Jedt
    Keymaster

Any movements pookie??

pookie2

Lots of Braxton-Hicks (and not the painfree ones! The ones like bad period pain!), but otherwise not a sign…. Ob-Gyn thinks I’ll go a bit early, but am not holding my breath…. Am trying to tell myself that baby should be here EDD plus 14 days (ie 22 March) but not working… Where ye meeting Tues in Drog? M&S shopping centre or other one? Have appointment at 11, but might pop in beforehand – if haven’t popped!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.