Asthma Tips?!?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everyone,
    I was looking for some help! My 4yr old has asthma, she has been on inhalers and steroids since she was 2. However, it doesn’t seem to be getting any better and each time we go to the asthma clinic they are upping her steroids! She has also had to go to hospital numerous times to be put on nebuliser.
    We were told at last appt last week that some diet tips may work the main one being Dairy! I was wondering if anyone knew of any other things I could try to help control her attacks a bit more.
    Any help would be great!
    Thanks in advance
    SuzieQ

oriordan

My 6 year old has similar asthma complaints, inhalers, nebs, overnights in hospital etc.

Staying off wheat is recommended, though I didnt find it that beneficial, but others really swear by it. Its diffcult and sometimes expensive to stay off wheat but I do think its worth a try for a certain period of time.

Ive also just done a month in the salt rooms in Bryanstown. Check out http://www.saltoftheearth.ie. They do all sorts of deals and offers. Since starting she has never been healthier. NO coughing, and her eczema has also completely cleared up. Dont know if I can put it all down to the salt rooms or the time of year but shes really good at the moment.
    ALso the preventative inhaler is said to build up their immunity to asthma. Its very easy to forget to take it when they are well but I’m really making sure I give it all the time since our last episode.

Hope this gives you some ideas

munchin
    Participant

oriodon did the salt rooms help with the exzema? must look up that link

oriordan

Yes Munchin,

I didnt send her because of her eczema but it had been quite bad for the past year, but had been trying to manage it myself. I was more concerned about her asthma. Since starting though the eczema has completely cleared up and the itching has disappeared. Ive just been going for the past month and so far its been brilliant. ( I signed up for a month unlimited access) We’ll see how things progress going into the winter.
    they recommend a few sessions in a row to start off with and a few top ups after that depending on how things go. Find them on facebook for latest deals etc or they will give them to you over the phone, if youre interested.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.