Astar Now

Home Forums National Chat Astar Now

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    libby1
    Participant

Has anyone heard of this company?

They were on the phone telling me i won a hoilday in Orlando for 7 nights and a cruise for 7 nights, all they needed was my visa number and i would have to pay €700 and they would pay remainder.

It sounded fantastic and a great opportunity – just would not give my visa number…

Anyone hear of them.

Bookwitch

never heard of them sounds very dodgy

libby1
    Participant

Yes , i would not give visa number to anyone

Sabrinab 08

Hi libby, you know what they say "if it sounds too good to be true its generally the case" but i did find a few bits when i googled them.. if you wanted maybe buz and ask if its their policy to contact ppl by phone and see what the story is?? cant do any harm 😀
    Just so many scams goin, if they are a genuine company then im sure they’d appreicate a heads up on what someone else maybe doin and using them to do it!
    🙄 Keep us updated
    http://www.astarnow.us/Contact/tabid/343/Default.aspx

happymumblemum
    Participant

Absloutely a scam.

Report them to the garda.

Never give your card details.

No one "wins" competitions they haven’t entered. 😈

yummymummy

hahaha you have won BUT need to pay something AS IF!!!!!!!!!!!

ed1
    Participant

I had a phone call like this a while back. It was a computer generated voice telling me I had won a cruise or something. I just hung up. There are all scams.

If it was a prize you wouldnt have to give a credit card number.

scole1

oh i had the phonecall before won a wonderful holiday…..yeah right, give out the visa once heard that it was like eh no i wasn’t born yesterday please don’t call me again…..

they must be doing the rounds again, and you know the sad thing is there has been people who have given out their credit card number, coz they’re idiots…..

LIBBY – YOU HAVE JUST WON A FANTASTIC BREAK AWAY FOR 2 TO MAURITIUS, CAN I HAVE YOUR VISA CARD NO… 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

They are clever how they do this, the way we got the call here was would we have a minute to do a survey and if we did would would be in for a free hoilday draw…. which low and behold 3 days later we won this top drawer 14 day trip to Orlando with hotel, hire car, park passes for 14 days etc…. dh was delighted untill he heard no could we have you visa number for the flights!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eh NO WAY.

I told ur one we wouldnt be giving out number out to strangers over the phone, she said " Oh we are not strangers we spoke to you on the phone 3days ago" I thinik it was the Ramada plaza hotels she said she was from, I said I would google them and get back and she said its an offer for now and I’d be stupid to pass up such a good offer……. I told her if sounds too good then it is too good and hung up/

Their is one born everyday and they are just hoping that they phone that person!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.