Are you a Dog or Cat lover?

Home Forums National Chat Are you a Dog or Cat lover?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MNG

Hi Girls,

A pet dog in Australia has risked its life to protect four kittens trapped in a house fire, according to firefighters.
    When the fire broke out inside the house, the family of four plus their other dog managed to escape.

A 37-year-old woman, her 18-year-old son, two daughters aged five and 11 and their pet dog Barney all got out of the house in the western suburb of Seddon.

Left inside was Leo and four kittens. While everyone else had rushed out of the burning house, Leo refused to leave the tiny kittens trapped inside.

When firefighters arrived they found Leo inside a bedroom, guarding the kittens in a cardboard box.

In a case which gives the lie to the saying about ‘fighting like cats and dogs’, the terrier cross named Leo had to be revived with oxygen and heart massage after his ordeal. Fire broke out overnight at the house in Australia’s southern city of Melbourne, where he was guarding the kittens.

However Leo paid the price for his bravery. He suffered from the smoke and heat.

Leo was recovering from his ordeal and firefighters had given him a clean bill of health.

The four kittens also survived the fire and Sunday Leo, who fire fighters nicknamed ‘Smoky’, was again back at the house.

The cause of the fire is still being investigated.

Moonflower

Ah thats a lovely story…..

Animals are not appreciated enough………..

Every winter whenever we get cold days like yesterday, I have to send all the poor dogs that are forced to sleep outside in cold gardens in this country a big warming hug….it something that makes me so sad…..dogs were encouraged as pets and brought into house to keep us warm in old days before central heating etc and now we are all tucked up with our lovely modern heating systems and mega clean houses…the dogs are pushed out the back to shiver in cold….

Moonflower xxx

MNG

Hi Girls,

Moonflower, yes i agreed the weather esp autumn n winter times
    dogs should be living in the hse not in the shed or just in the garden.its just so freezing temp outside….

although i find their furry hair could be everywhere but its just hair and we just have to live with it /vacum at times

and they are such great companions at all fav times.

i learnt that "i can actually live without aman but i canot live without my dogs". :mrgreen:

Deirdre

That is a heartwarming story. We dont have a dog at the moment but when all settles down we will probably get one that needs a good loving home.

Moonflower

yes,whats a few dogs hairs…… 🙄 😆 MNG!!

Deirdre,as i read your post,my heart went all warm….i feel a dog will definately find its way into your home one day!! 🙂 lucky lucky dog!!

xxx

happymumblemum
    Participant

I agree, dogs should not be bought then fecked off to spend there days in a garden in all weathers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.