Anyone watching Bringing up baby on Ch4?

Home Forums National Chat Anyone watching Bringing up baby on Ch4?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Are you watching this? If so what do you think?
    Its all a bit ott, but if i had to pick one I’d pick the Dr Spock, but I could have fecked my slipper at the telly when she went on about not breast feeding in public :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Dh was having a fit watching it, he was going "feck them out of the house" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

newgirl

could you believe this? i was having a panic attack watching it! babies, alone, crying in the back garden for 3.5 hours ? madness!!!

i wouldn’t have it. my dd has me wrapped and i wouldn’t have it any other way!

Taylor5

God they grow up so fast, I was only looking at it and asking dh did we cuddle ds enough or did he wish we cuddled him more?
    Just over 2 years on he is a little boy not a baby, God give as much love as you can, this will build a strong happy little person.
    That one looking after the twins bugged the crap out of me, I’d have fecked her out into the garden 😆 😆 😆 The poor indian granny trying to peep at her new grandkids and your one tut tutting in the kitchen 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄
    It will all end in tears and not the babies

ed1
    Participant

i was watching this too. the woman that does the strict routine doesnt even have kids of her own, so its very easy for her to put someone elses kids in the back garden. wonder would she have been the same with her own, i doubt it cause i cant see anyone being that cold hearted.
    on my second boy i did stick to a routine for the first few weeks and it did work, he was sleeping from 8 to 8 from 3 weeks old. he got plenty of kisses and cuddles though.

yummymummy

oh im never watching that again, how the parents let your woman with the strict rules leave her kids out in the garden for 3 hours MADNESS!!!!

defo go with dr spock, mothers instinct etc. no way could i carry baby around all day either or have him sleep in my bed as a baby, so what no sex for 6 months cos baby has to be in the bed, me no think so, also id be araid id roll over him 🙂 🙂

munchin
    Participant

i haven;t watched this programme but have heard plenty about it, i heard something about not making eye contact with babs while feeding there is no way on earth that i couldn’t have looked in my daughters beautiful big eyes when she was feeding especially as a very young baby to me that is where the absolute trust etc comes from, i loved when she’d stare up at me so intently i miss that she only does it now & again now.
    I couldn’t carry babs about all the time either but i think everyone finds a routine or system, whatever that works for them, i personally think its good for kids to have a routine BUT it has to be flexible. also what works for baby one wont necessarily work for the next babs

rossylisa

watched a lil bit of it when she was feeding the twins and kept saying to her dont make any eye contact with the baby 🙄 and when the other girls mam rang and she said are people stupid DO NOT RING AT THE TIME IM FEEDING BABY 🙄

chipbutty

some people are way to strict they should not be allowed have kids if they are treating them this way old bats and shit heads, sorry girls

happymumblemum
    Participant

havent seen this………. are parents really letting their kids be treated this way for light entertainment ❓ ❓ ❓

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was wondering about that too. Did they sign up while they were pregnant and now have to stick to these routines? Only 10 mins of cuddles a day, no eye contact while feeding and 3 hours in the cold garden?? Madness.

I agree that Dr Spock is looking the best but wasn’t he completely nuts – or am I mixing him up with someone else:?:

scole1

they sign up when pregnant thinking oh yeah this will be great then too late when filming starts and editing happens i bet they’re kicking themselves now. i don’t like the stern one i do agree with routine but holding baby away when feeding do not touch leave outside between feeds etc how cruel. i like the dotor spock but really i think all have bits you can take tips from…..

newgirl

i too think the doctor spock is probably the best. i tried to get dd into some sort of flexible routine over and over agin to the point where i was stressing about it. now i’ve given up. i thinkits just easier to go with the flow, but something tells me i might regret it in a few months time.
    watch this space!!

bunnacurry

Dr Spock seems to be the best of the three systems but no system is foolproof. There are bits of all of them that work and taking the best of all systems is the best way to go. Not all babies take to a routine in the manner described by the programme. Although my DD slept through the during night in her own room from a fairly early stage, she was not into having a nap during the day at the same time every day. She would nap when ever she wanted and trying to put her into a routine during the day just wasn’t what she wanted. I found that carrying her around in a sling during the day helped her to sleep and it gave me more options on what I wanted to do. Even atnine months she is just not into going down for a nap but deciding for herself when she wants to nap. When it comes to night time she goes down without any difficulty and its a rare night that she wakes up in the middle of the night. Usually its when she is feeling sick. Instinct is the key – we all know whats best for our own child and as long as they are happy and calm with whatever method we use its the right one.

yummymummy

the only thing our routine consists of is going to bed at 8pm and getting up between 7.30 – 8 am monday to fri, eat dinner together around 6 but then again this could change as might go out or go to my mams. my routine revolves mainly round sleep time 🙂
    when he was a baby i was blessed, night feeds were gone in 2 weeks, he slept solid, hardly woke during the night etc.
    think it all depends on the baby and the parents circumstances, ie working family, SAHM etc. everyone knows what will work for their own baby.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think the one thing that has come out of this program is that no one ‘expert’ has all the answers and we are all the best experts for our own children. I think I found my dd a lot easier as a baby ’cause I hadn’t read any baby books at that point and rather listened to my mom and MIL (took the advice I wanted and ignored the rest!). With ds I second guessed myself after reading the Baby Whisperer and while a lot of what she says is great, it wasn’t always the best for us.

Just goes to show, Mom really does know best!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.