Anyone have any idea what could be causing this rash?

Home Forums National Chat Anyone have any idea what could be causing this rash?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My daughter has had a red mark/rash under her chin (3-4cm long)that can sometimes be bright red & then other times it fades away to nothing & you can hardly see it.

I rang her dietician in Temple street to see what she thought.she said if it was a food allergy it would appear straight after eating something & then go away & not constantly be there (for the past month on & off).so she has recommended we see the dermatologist at the hospital,now you know the way appointments go we could be waiting quite a while so in the meantime does anyone have any ideas what it could be or what creams would work to help bring down the red rawness of it.so far ive tried sudocrem,savlon cream, oilatum junior,silcocks base & vaseline (as a barrier).She doesnt seem that bothered by it,as in i dont think it itches her,but it does look quite sore at times.

I havent changed washing powder or anything like that.Ive been keeping a food diary for her aswell to see if i can track if it gets worse after certain things but there really doesnt seem to be a pattern to it.

any advice would be kindly appreciated.im not sure if photos can be uploaded on this,if so ill see if i can post one,so you can see what it looks like.

chewieodie

Have you taken her to your local pharmacist for an opinion? I really would do that before I did anything else…. and most of the time you’d be given a very good idea of what it could be, or what could be causing it. I’d be wary of putting things on to it, because you could be making it worse. When my two have rashes or anything along those lines i have a very good aloe vera cream that I would use on them… its a forever living product. Also, I have various Burts Bees lotions and potions that I would use, and they don’t have any nasties in them. I’m sure that Elave would have something that would be of some help?

You just don’t want to be putting any horrid harsh chemicals on to her delicate skin…. the items I’ve mentioned are derived from natural products…

Jedt

Second the pharmacist idea – they are there for good impartial advice. Many times I have gone in for advice from them.

Could it be a teething rash? Our daughter has rashes on different parts of her face and chin at times and they fade away and other days looks more prominent. It got quite red and bumpy a few weeks ago and she had a high temp and we actually ended up at A&E with her but they said it was just from teething.

Hopefully the pharmacist can give you some pointers and ease your mind.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for that,i will go into my local chemist tomorrow & see what they think.

munchin
    Participant

yeah def the pharmacist –
    my dd2 had terrible rashes on her chin etc when teething i ended up using a La Roche cream it formed a barrier over the rash protecting it aswell as helpping it to heal but it was the chemist who recommended it

chewieodie

Pls let us know the outcome! x

Jedt

I go to Pharmacy O’Regan in Balbriggan for advice quite often, the girls are really lovely in there and very discreet. Just last week, I had twisted my foot and was about to head off to Cork so I popped in and they advised me on some pain killers to take and how to strap it up and some other tips to keep me from making it any worse.

Turns out it was fine, it was just a little pull and once I rested it and kept it strapped it was grand but the first day, it was a bit sore and the Nurofen Plus they gave me came in very handy indeed!

Saved me a trip to the doctor. 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey again,well pharmacist reckons its just a dribble/drool rash (so thats good news) she recommended La Roche Posay (cicaplast baume B5) its a soothing repairing balm.she said if it gets worse or doesnt clear up in a week to go to doctor so hopefully it will work.

Thanks again for all your replys id be lost without you all.

munchin
    Participant

haileysmum that’s the stuff i was told to get for dd2’s teething drool rash and it worked a treat – it’s expensive but worth every penny – we saw an improvement in dd2’s chin pretty quickly

Jedt

I find the Elave cream works very well too and not as expensive! Their baby aqueous cream is excellent and free from any dangerous chemicals and SLS etc so very soft on their little skin.

Our little one is dribblinglike mad at the moment and she has quite a bit of chin rash from it. We keep soft bibs on her in the daytime and dry her skin often, as it seems to get more irritated when its left wet.

HTH!!

MUMMY5

lots of mine got that with dribble and drool……good old fashioned sudocreme cleared it up pronto. just not to get it on their lips but I found putting it on when they were just gone asleep worked best at night.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.