Anyone been to Peony Chinese

Home Forums Louth Chat Anyone been to Peony Chinese

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone been here yet. Thinking of heading there some stage this week for lunch, got a flyer in the door €8.95 for 2 course lunch.

libby1
    Participant

Haven’t been – Hope to get a Takeaway this evening…

I was in Eastern Seaboard on sat night and noticed the Peony really buzy – which is a good sign

Take away menu is a lot cheaper than Woks – good competition.

Taylor5

Lai I got the same flyer…. did notice on the lunch offer is said "order 2 starters" etc for 8.95!!!! Smells lovely, going to give it a go as they deliver and woks dont
    Let me know how you get on

scole1

where is it?

trixiebell
    Participant

Hi Scole, think its where Lemongrass used to be

Taylor5

Yeah its on Bryanstown, looks nice…. will have to give it a try

Babs

Just been!! Got a take away…very nice…usually go to Tango but thought I’d try it…was very impressed and it was great value…but a bit disappointed at the restaurant as it is the very same as when it was Lemongrass (as in they have kept the same decor, chairs, tables…seems a bit worn or dated) but maybe if it was busy at the weekend it would be grand?? But 10 out of 10 for my dinner tonight!!!

Taylor5

After reading your post I couldnt be assed cooking dinner with all the diy, dh working late and two sick kids (temps of 38 and 39…. have shares in calpol and neurofen) Dh said he wasnt getting a chinese as the traffic was too bad, then I remember peony deliver (woks dont)
    Dh and ds were at the table and I was still getting glasses etc… seen dh making a face, I was like "Oh shite its horrible"……. But NO, it was fab, dh said it was the best chinese he has had in YEARS!!!!

Love the bit on their menu where you can get 3 chicken balls, spring rolls, wan tons, sauce and rice or chips all for 7.90!!!!! A 3 n 1 in woks is over a fiver!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just back from Peony after having lunch, what a bargain. €8.95 for lunch, what did i have:

Starter: choose 2 from a selection of eight
    Main: choose 2 from a selection of 11

You get a half portion of each or can choose just to have one of each. To be honest i got the chicken curry 😀 😀 fab and the crispy chicken. God i’d hate to see what a full portion looks like. Wonder will they be able to maintain it.

Well worth the visit and bargain for €8.95, going to get DH a takeaway this evening while i pack for the hols.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.