any tips for getting a 3 yr old to sleep @ nite?

Home Forums National Chat any tips for getting a 3 yr old to sleep @ nite?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MissyG

my soon to be 3 yr old seems to be an insomniac & keeps waking constantly @ nite. sometimes she cries sometimes she doesnt, just likes going walkabout (defo not sleepwalking for sure) – what can we do for her? dh & i asleep on our feet…

missyg

Liverbird

hi michelle here. A lot of parents i know have used star charts for the likes of little problems as this 😕 You introduce the chart to your child and tell her what’s it for. Stick it up on her bedroom door, at her level so she can be reminded what its for each time she sees it. Bring her to the shop and let her pick the stickers out for her chart, at the same time keep reminding her what the chart is for(important part)….. so it could probably take a week to start progressing of her staying in bed. But for everytime that she gets out of bed don’t say to her that she won’t get a sticker for her chart. Try to encourage her that at the end of each week that she stays in bed that she’ll get a surprise for her great job at staying in bed, so if you try this i wish you the best of luck and lots of sleep 😆 😆 And for each time she gets out of bed don’t talk to her, just bring her straight back to the bed….. BE FIRM you can do this 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not a big help but I use a few drops of lavender oil on my little boys pillow. He found it hard to get to sleep and it alway works. I use it myself sometimes and feel I sleep much better???

MissyG

thanks a million – ill try anything at this stage….!!!!

missyg

Taylor5

Lavender is brilliant, if your not giving a bath every night your could burn oil on the landing or somewhere out of reach

Do you have a night light? Check out http://www.cosmicstarceilings.com
    I will be getting mine done soon, you are welcome to have a look when its done

MissyG

thats great taylor thanks a mill!!! 🙂 hopefully we find something that works – so far have tried lavender & child essence in her drinks, but still… she wakes… dh thinks she might be afraid of the dark so a night light might be a good idea… it wouldn’t combust or anything wld it?
    missyg

Taylor5

I know they do nice night light for girls and a little clock thingy that like apicture alarm clock (for kids who cant tell the time) and they know if the picute isnt on the clock its still nightime.
    try a night light, my ds1 is afraid of the dark and he has a little light beside his bed, if he wakes at night the switch is on the cord that I have tied to his headboard, so he just flicks the light on himself and falls back asleep.
    Good luck its not easy 🙄

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.