Any recommendations for Hols…

Home Forums Louth Chat Any recommendations for Hols…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    libby1
    Participant

Hi

We are just back from Portugal, the weather was fantasic 36-42 degrees, it was great.. Very relaxing, the kids were great.. Def recommend it for those enjoy a quiet time.

Looking at going away for a long weekend in August…. Any ideas, need a swimming pool and not too far away though and of course not too dear.

Taylor5

Oh Libby Portugal is lovely its my favourite holiday spot.

We are just back from a mini break we went on the Supervalu breaks, its was very cheap and some of the 4star hotels are great, we went to Whites in Weford

EJ

Hey Libby – I’m off for a girle spa weekend to the Hillgrove hotel in monaghan this weekend – but they have a pool and a creche so might be worth a look. Monaghan has a lovely lake in castle blaney Lough Muckno that we take the kids to a fair bit, and its a nice town in itself, only about an hour away.

Taylor5

I’d second Monaghan, Cavan, Fermanagh area beautiful part of the country and all the lakes are stunning

noeleenw

we went to the clarion hotel in liffey valley for one night a couple of weeks ago lovely swimming pool etc and very close to shopping centre got a good deal but its very difficult to relax with 3 kids so we are just going to bring them to different places for the day from home as they didnt go asleep until 12 pm as they where excited and baby woke at 3 then others woke at 6 😡 😡 also there where no baby changing facilities in the toilets at the restauant / foyer area and had to bring babs either to the gym or back to room to change nappy:cry:

Biddy

We are heading to Rosslare tommorow for 3 days with the kids. Last year we brought them to Bray and they had a great time. Plenty to do in Bray for kids. There was a carnival and bouncy castles on the sea front(think its there every year) and plenty of amusements and we went bowling too. We stated in a hotel on the sea front which wasnt expensive. Plenty of places to eat too. Anyone been to Rosslare Harbour before?

Taylor5

We were only down in Wexford but went to Rosslare Europort on the train, there was nothing there but a port and a beach (we only went on the train then got the train back so only about 3 hours) There is a hotel on the hill but dont know the name, are you staying in Rosslare or Rosslare Habour/Europort?
    It a great area for things to do so as long as your hotel is nice you’ll be kept very busy

Biddy

Hi Taylor, The hotel is in Rosslare Strand, Rosslare. . Kids are small so they will be happy enough with beach and playground and a bag of chips.Hope weather is good. We might go on a day trip on the ferry while we are there.Just dying to get away.

Taylor5

Dont think you’d be dong a day trip on the ferry as its 16 hours or more 😆 😆 😆
    The day we went the weather was rotten and I had rain jackets under the buggy, but once you went behind the stones on the beach it was fantastic. If its the hotel up on the hill the view will be stunning

libby1
    Participant

Things for your ideas. Taylor i got a Supervalu Card from my Step-Mum, I think we will head up North, It would be great to see the Giants Caseway and Bushmills and Portstewart. My dd is 6 and my ds is 9 , they need a little more than the beach to keep them happy.

Biddy

Hopefully the weather will be dry . There is family day trips from Rosslare but I didnt book anything yet. Better start packing now. You would think we were going for a month and not three days with all the stuff Im bringing 😀

Taylor5

I was the very same 😆 😆 😆

LIbby my mum was up at the gaints causeway and the rope bridge off the guiness advert, she loved it and said it was like being in a different world as there is sooo much intresting things to do unlike down here, have a great time girls

ed1
    Participant

The Clarion hotel in Sligo is fab. went for a weekend with friends a few weeks ago and will def go back with the kids. i think you can get it on the supervalue stamps too.

libby1
    Participant

Thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.