Any New Year’s Resolutions??

Home Forums National Chat Any New Year’s Resolutions??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Has anyone made any New Year’s Resolutions? And if so, have you been able to stick to them so far??

I have not really made any apart from the usual ones of ‘get fitter’ and ‘lose a few more pounds’!! I am down a dress size since this time last year so happy with that but still a way to go…. :lol:

If you see me munching on a muffin Tuesday morning at our Mumstown coffee morning in Bagel Bar, feel free to give me a good telling off!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well done on loosing a dress size in 2013 Sabbi, that’s a great accomplishment 😀

Im continuing on my get fit regime & getting into more regular walking/jogging/running exercise. 2014 is going to be my year to get rid of my mummy tummy for once and for all 😀

lellykelly

Have you seen this Haileysmam? Might be worthwhile, its free to sign up!
    http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-styl … -1.1633125

Jedt
    Keymaster

I will be out running myself – with baby in her buggy. Its a great way to get fitter and also, to spend time with baby. She loves when I jog with her – when ever I slow down and walk she says ‘Run Mammy’!! She is my little motivator!

Having a bit of an off week so far but hoping to get out for a run Wed morning. Me and babs need to get back into the swing of things after a bit of a lazy Christmas!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for that link LellyKelly…..to keep up the momentum I’ve done that now….heres to the first step of many!

lellykelly

ah great 🙂 i am still doing some running and have also signed up for the online classes with labfitness….they are really tough but i do them a lot, its great being able to get one done when the weather is brutal or when I am at home with the kids. They generally take about 25 minutes & i always feel great after them so between that & the running I dont feel as guilty about the christmas treats 🙂 have a holiday coming up in march so want to try keep it up now!

lemonB

Same ol’ same ol’……lose some weight lol

I must lose some weight tho 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

Love labfitness, its brilliant. The ME classes are so good and I love skinny jeans too, that’s always a fun one.

lellykelly

yes sabbi, the metabolic effect classes – i feel sick after them. theres loads of variety available on the online classes, i had wanted to do their classes a long time as I had heard so much about them but I would never make it up there so the online classes were the perfect solution for me! Great value too!

munchin
    Participant

I’m the usual – lose weight – I got back to my pre dd2(4.5yrs) weight a year after she was born but I’ve put it back on and am a longgggggggg way awayfrom my pre-baby weight. I have a family wedding in Portugal this year and I would really like to lose some weight before then.
    my hubby is going to give it a go with me so we started yesterday – and we’retrying to eat healthier rather than dieting. So we’re off 😉
    Myself and hubby gave up smoking 2 years ago and we both put a lot of weight but should be well gone by now!

Fabienne

Give 20 min a day (4 to 5 days a week) for the house for things we always push back for later and never do.

And try to exercise more, am getting a cross trainer from a mumstown member this WE. Hope it will not become a clothe rack too soon.
    I prefer classes in a gym but the free hours I have are not the one I would exercise.

For me it only started yesterday, as just back from extended Xmas holidays in France to visit family and over eat delicious french rich food….. so loose weight should be on my agenda, but step by step.

Best of luck to all with your new year’s resolutions.
    Keep us posted to let us know how you’re doing, and maybe motivate each other.

Fabienne

Yvonne

Oh the usual with me too.. lose weight! Never seems to happen though, but am more determined this year..

Well done on giving up smoking Munchin!

I joined WW again last night. They have a new programme and it seems good.. similar to Slimming World.. for this week unlimited food from their list, which includes low calorie bread!!!! and 2 treats from their list which includes a bottle of beer / small glass of wine!

Day one just over and it was easy, have to have my 2 treats yet, will definitely have 1 though, don’t feel I need the other. Lets hope its as easy in a few more days!

Jedt
    Keymaster

I made a delicious dinner today and it only took me 30 mins from start to finish. Put garlic, onion and chicken fillet pieces in a pan on low heat. Added some chicken stock and then 3 spoonfuls of philadelphia low fat cream cheese with chives. Threw in a good amount of broccoli florets and let it all simmer together for a few minutes. Added some black pepper and served with some fresh tagliatelle.

Everyone of us cleared our plates. It was so tasty and filling and low in fat. I was chuffed to see the kids eat it all too.

Made a stew yesterday which was lovely and tomorrow its roast chicken with some roast potatoes (they are the treat in that dinner) but the main thing is to make dinners that are healthy and tasty. I’ll be making a lasagne at the weekend and freezing it for when I am busy with work and need to have something handy there for those crazy days.

Its easy to make lovely food that is healthy and tastes great – its just about planning. I planned my weekly shop out this week and I do check in to Operation Transformation for ideas too – they have great ideas. Dr Eva’s chicken curry last year was gorgeous.

And most importantly, I did not buy creme eggs in the shop today – though I was flipping tempted!!! They’re everywhere!! Must resist…

munchin
    Participant

Sabbi I’m dreadful when I go into the shop for something – I always end up coming out with something I don’t need (chocolate) so I’m working on that too – haven’t done it this week at all

Thanks Yvonne – dh had high blood pressure and I’ve no idea what the doctor said to him but he came out and said he was giving up and he did the following Monday. I won’t say it’s been easy – I think I found it easier than him – he was very very sick and suffered big time with chest infections for a few months after but finally turned a corner – I’m so proud of him for not only having done it but for sticking with it. Gas now and again one of us will mention missing it or wanting a cigarette – and we remind ourselves of how sick he was and that’s the end of that!!!!!!!!!!

Fabienne great idea to keep each motivated and keep posting here
    We started eating healthier on Monday and we weighed in yesterday morning. I’m classed as Obesse and dh Overweight – so watch this space we’re working on it.
    Yvonne WW sounds good – but to be honest there’s no point in me going to a class on my own especially when it’s dh that does the cooking – he’s checking out the operation transformation website and I’ve a few slimming world books with ideas he’s going to try out – we had lentil curry the other night – loads of veggies was gorgeous. And spicy bean pork with Veggie chips – he gets parsnip, swede, sweet pot, carrot – sprays with one cal spray and pops in the oven and we have them as chips yummy.

Jedt
    Keymaster

I think Operation Transformation is brilliant, the plan is easy to follow and you can sign up for the free app and they’ll give you your shopping list and daily menus. Its really diverse so you don’t get bored with the food.

I still dip into the recipes from the show since we took part in 2010. Its a great programme. I’ll be doing the 5km in the park at the end of Feb with the show!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.