Any bookclubs for adults?

Home Forums Movies, TV, Books & Entertainment Any bookclubs for adults?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    nifty

Hi there, just wondering if there were any book clubs (for adults!!!) in Drogheda area? If not, would love to start one, if anyone has any suggestions would really appreciate it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mumstown has a bookclub of it’s own. This is the link. I’m not a member so I don’t have up to date details on it, but if you contact Admin i’m sure they’ll fill you in.

http://www.mumstown.ie/forum/viewtopic. … t=bookclub

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Girls,

We are staring a book club in this thread…watch out for new topics!!

Bookwitch

Next Meeting of Mumstown Book Club will be 18th Nov at 7.30pm at Waterstones Scotch Hall. Pm for more details

Jedt
    Keymaster

What book are we reading?

If you cannot get to the meeting, we can chat online about it…..

Lets get started!!

missysmum

mmm interesting, i might be in too girls.
    is it just a general meet up or have people been reading a particular book, also how often do the meetings take place and how long do the meetings last? i’ve been looking for an excuse to start reading again, i’m spending way too much time online!

Jedt
    Keymaster

I have not been to one yet, this is all new to me but I love to read and chat about the books afterwards…

Does it suits mums better to meet at a location or discuss the book online.

Should we read one book per month?

What about Marian Keyes new one, ‘The brightest star in the sky’? this would be a good one to start off with and you can get it from the local library (I got mine on special offer Easons 9.99)

What do you think??

missysmum

sounds good to me, dont think i’ve read anything of hers in quite a while. i think one a month is reasonable and wont break the bank in either money or time! i’ll try to get it this weekend and make a start. i do enjoy a good read, its so relaxing to laze and get lost in a book(when u get a chance), it slows the pace of the day, even if just for a little while 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

HI Missysmum,

I saw the Marian Keyes book in Tesco Drogheda yesterday for half price, so its now 7.49. Well worth it, a great read. Looking forward to chatting about it….

Or, you can get it from your local library and even if its not in stock they will reserve it for you and call you when its in. The only problem with Marian Keye’s is the list of people booking it out can be quite long so you may not get it for a while…but its worth a shot! You might get lucky!

let me know when you start reading…

Jedt
    Keymaster

Has anyone started the Marian Keyes yet? Would like to know if anyone is reading it and guessing where its going to go…

missysmum

Hi Sabbi,

didn’t get a chance to pick it up last weekend, dd has been unwell so all my plans for leisurely reading have gone out the window for this week. will try to get it this weekend again! hows it shaping up? is it one of those books you just cant put down? i hope so!

missysmum

Hi

i finally manage to get "the brightest star" last week in watertones for the bargain price of €7.50!!!! chuffed with that, it was €15 in tesco when i went in, just in case anyone else was planning on giving it a go! so i’m going to get stuck in this week!

missysmum

really enjoying it so far, and loving the narrative style, cant wait to see the story unfold more!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.