Anti-gravity yoga

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Going to an anti-gravity yoga class tonight at Lab Fitness in Drogheda….its yoga in a hammock!!

I’ll be writing a review for the Irish Times afterwards; its sounds like fun. Just hope I don’t fall and make a show of myself!! :oops:

Fair play to Laura and the girls at Lab Fitness, they are always coming up with new and innovative ways to help keep us fit.

This is definitely something completely new to me, hope I can manage it!! :D

laura

you are going to love it.. i think im 2 inches taller today since the class last night!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

I am tiny, so if ever there was a good selling point for it – thats it right there!

see you tonight…

Taylor5

Would have loved to hang about last night to see you girls doing the class….. we were looking at the hammocks last night, looks like fun!!!! But could see myself getting in knots 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Sabbi cant wait to see how you get on

laura

well done Sabbi…. you are fabulous on the hammock!!!

Taylor5

Well Sabbi how did you get on? Cant wait to hear

Laura the photos on Facebook look amazing!!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Well….I did it!!!! 😆

Went to Lab Fitness for their new ‘Anti-Gravity Yoga’ class last night and it was AMAZING!!!!

I was worried when I saw the instructor putting his legs behind his head, while in the hammock – as I am not the most flexible after 3 kids and I have quite a tummy on me – but , he was really patient with us and explained everything step by step and I DID IT!

I was in positions I cannot believe I got into; I was hanging upside down like a bat, horizontal like an upside down vampire, I did a handstand while my feet were wrapped in the hammock securing me and at the end, I felt totally invigorated and refreshed.

I had a lovely sleep after it last night and felt great this morning.

All the positions were totally manageable in the hammock. It was absolutely brilliant, cannot recommend highly enough.

Its addictive and I cant wait to go back!

Laura – well done on bringing this to Ireland, its a kind of exercise I have never done before and cannot wait to do again 😉 😉

Taylor5

Laura said you did great, she was asking had i heard from you… i thought you were dying!
    Seen the photos and its amazing looking…. cant believe you did all the upside down things!!!! 😯 😯 😯

I cant wait to give it a try…. you dont get an average work out at labfitness 😆 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

I just wrote up the article on the anti-gravity yoga for the Irish Times and I asked my other half to read it before I submitted it because I did not want to gush too much about it. I am supposed to be objective from a journalistic point of view but I cannot say enough good things about that class; so it will be a very complimentary article!!

I came out of it on a high. I really understand now why so many mums have been recommending Lab Fitness in the past few months. Its brilliant to have them as the fitness expert on here.

The classes in there really innovative, original and fun yet tough!

I have been feeling great since the anti-gravity yoga class. I feel kind of stretched – but in a good way. I was not at all in bits the next day which amazes me because I got in to all those upside down, curled up positions.

I just asked Laura when can I do it again….I actually can’t wait, its brilliant. It is going to be the next big thing….

laura

soon…very soon!!!

we are actually building a state of the art studio up in Mell (beside harry’s grill)… it’s going to be 2 floors overlooking the river Boyne. One of those floors will be our dedicated antigravity studio….it’s going to be stunning!! im guessing it will be finished by the end of the year, but in the meantime we might run some classes in our current studio so people can start trying it out… as soon as i have more details i will post it here

Jedt
    Keymaster

Sounds great – let us know when you have it up and running

Can’t wait to give it another go! I still cannot believe I managed so many of those positions….it was a fantastic feeling!!

laura

hi girls… as we all passed our instructor course…we have decided to start AGY classes in 2 weeks time.

it will be a very private small class with only 9 students. The classes will be 1 1/2 hour long (although they feel like 10 mins!). We are running a 5 week course starting as from Nov 8th.

We have filled 4 classes in 5 hours, so if you are interested email or phone me.

There are a few places left on mon at 9pm and sat morning at 10 am.

strampoline

Hmm, Anti Gravity yoga is nice and it work nice. I am going to this yoga classes from last 1 year and I had lost almost 25 kg of body weight. I am feeling very fit, health and very happy. I would like to advise all to join this Anti Gravity Yoga classes.

fitness Miami

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.