Another music question!

Home Forums National Chat Another music question!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Financial Companion
    Participant

Okay, a much easier question (coz there’s only one answer!) but don’t spoil it by googling the answer! (Coz if you do, the "broken nail fairy" will pay you a visit, along with her friend, the "I can’t find anything to wear genie"! :lol: )

Who is the only group to have a UK chart hit every single year of the 70’s??

(so a hit at least between 1970 and 79 and every year in between)

Before anyone goes to type that they were not born then, you’ve heard of Hitler….and his hits were much earlier! :wink:

Taylor5

God not a Clue

Slade
    Elton John
    Abba…. sorry brain not working! Trying to think of the music i was made listen to in work by the old guys 🙄

hjs

Bay City Rollers (am guessing)
    Rolling Stones
    The Shadows!!!! Bet it was them, and no I have not googled!!!!!

Taylor5

Bay city rollers…… i could see them in my head but couldnt remember their name!

Cliff Richard 😆 😆 😆
    Pink Floyd (they were 80 and dont think they had many no1’s)
    The Nolan sisters
    Frank Sinatra
    Diana Ross/Surpremes

Not a clue as you can see 😆 😆 😆

Where is Rcole when you need him, he did well with the oldies for the last one

Financial Companion
    Participant

Ha ha….no to all those so far (but it’s only "which is the only GROUP" so you don’t need to guess solo artists!)

The ones that usually get guessed a lot (but are wrong) are:
    Abba, Mud, Slade, Sweet, Rubettes, Bay City Rollers, Queen, but keep the guesses coming in, and let me know when it’s time for a clue? 😉

hjs

Tell me it isn’t flippin Wings or The Plastic Ono Band or some other rubbish…..

Financial Companion
    Participant

Tell me it isn’t flippin Wings or The Plastic Ono Band or some other rubbish…..

No hjs, you’ll know them well and know a few of their songs. Especially one that made a comeback in a movie about some lads in Sheffield! 😉

If the next guess is right, I’ll do a forfeit and skate for the full 45 mins in funtasia some night! 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

Oh the Full Monty…

resisting all urges to Google …….

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Who sang hot stuff? Kool and the gang? No thats not it….

Thinking of the soundtrack now aaargghhh

Financial Companion
    Participant

ooooops…..didn’t think you’d get the film that quick!! 😯 I can feel some skating coming on!! 😯 😆

chewieodie
    Participant

Is it Hot Chocolate?

Financial Companion
    Participant

Yes it is Hot Chocolate, Chewieodie!! 😀

A long long time ago, there was an extra gift left over in a place I worked in, so to decide who got it, I asked the same question. After loads of wrong answers and with the clock ticking, I gave a clue. I said "you can drink them", to which one bright spark guessed "alka seltzer"!! 😯

(Coz we’ve all heard of the famous band alka seltzer that so many hits in the 70’s!! lol 😆 😆 😆

chewieodie
    Participant

Brilliant!

"You can llleeeeeeeaaavvvveeee your hat on"…. okay, thats gonna be running around my head all evening now!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.