Anniversary of miscarriage

Home Forums National Chat Anniversary of miscarriage

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi all,

It was 5 years ago today that I lost my baby through miscarriage. I was 3 months pregnant. I am feeling very sad today, on the anniversary remembering what happened and how awful it was.

I am going to my local church now to light a candle for my baby in honour of his or her memory.

I am lucky that I went on to have two gorgeous girls after I lost my baby but today is about remembering what happened (I still cringe when I think about my hospital experience) and thinking about what might have been if my baby had not been taken away so cruelly.

Just feeling a bit down I suppose…anyway, feel a bit better after getting that off my chest.

Siobhan

Sabrinab 08

Hi Sabbi.. thinkin of you, thank god never had this tragic experience but i think its lovely to mark your little’s ones day and hope you feel better after gettin back from the church.. I hope today is a good day for you and your little one is watchin down and smiling 😀 x

rossylisa

thinking of you

Dinomum

Hi sabbi thinking of you at this difficult time, it is a lovely idea to mark the date and remember your little angel xx

scole1

hi sabbi, have said a little prayer for your little angel today, hope you are ok and sorry today has brought sadness for you……always remember your angel is with you everyday and there for you in every way…. x

Jedt
    Keymaster

Thanks girls.

I’m grand now, I had a good cry earlier and it did me the world of good. Sometimes you just need a good cry I think….

Thanks for all the warm wishes, its nice to know there is lots of support on here when I need it. It makes tough days that bit easier.

Thanks again,
    Siobhan.

Moonflower

Sending you and your little angel a loving hug. xxx

MNG

Hi Sabbi,

sorry to hear about you having lost yr baby .
    i know some people who lost their baby too. and some cannot go on and have any children arent you lucky you are blessed with two girls 😛

Moonflower

Hi,

i have deleted my comments as something in my head told me too…

scole1

grieve for your lost baby, that’s perfectly fine, talk about your lost baby or babies that’s fine too, people all deal with the loss of a child differently and i think whether it’s a baby you never held or one you did the loss is just the same…..some like to brush over the subject and then try and put their loss behind them others prefer to always honour their baby and talk about them, and wither way that’s fine too…..

yes you are lucky to have a child and yes so is every other woman who has a child lucky to have them, but also lucky that one little angel entered your life even if it didn’t stay very long…..

my friend lost a baby at 18 weeks and showed me a photo of him, i was dreading talking to her as i was pregnant but ended up so is she, took so long to finally talk to her as she was in so much pain and wanted everyone to leave her alone which everyone did, she talks about her baby all the time she lost i don’t find it strange at all i find it honourable to the child and comforting but it doesn’t mean that she’s ok with it she hurts every day more than i could ever imagine….

how people deal with the loss of a child is their own but to be judged is wrong, i think people don’t know what to say when someone looses a baby and maybe by saying you’re lucky you can more or have one already maybe they feel that they are comforting you too by saying that even though you dream of being a mom, you are a mom already….but moonflower thank you for highlighting what you said as maybe it will make people more aware of what to say and how to react in such a situation…..

may some day you feel some healing within your heart but you are wonderful for always holding your babies within your heart….. they are always with you.

Moonflower

Hi scole,

yes this is not really about my personal pain…as you know i have different beliefs than many and i have a beautiful tree in my garden that my babies are under that makes me smile everytime i see it but i do keep my pain to myself as i would say many comments made would not be what i find comforting…..

Moonflower x

Gabi’sDad

Hi sabbi,
    Losing a child is very difficult and mourning the anniversary is something we do too.
    Our little liam was never born and we suffered alot of early miscarriages, but now we have a little girl we waited so so so so long for, i find myself wondering about her little brother ( well would be older if you know what i mean)
    Hear you about the hospital process, we were in waterford hospital and it was handled pitifully by them, but i always try and focus on him being happy out as an angel minding his little sister.

I wish sites like this were around then, it would have been nice to have a place ( even a cyber one) to turn to.

Ill say a prayer too.

Lo

Dear Siobhan

I know your post is a few weeks old now – but just wanted to tell you that I am thinking of you – and just said a little prayer for you and your angel!

I have been through Miscarriage too – it will be 4 years this weekend, since my angel flew wings – I find that people expect you to "get over it" and that you should be well over it all these years later – but it is most definitely not the case – I think of my baby almost everyday, I say almost, as there are the odd days when it slips my mind – I usually mark anniversaries by going to church, lighting a candle and reflecting alone – it helps me a little

I hope you are feeling ok today, and its perfectly fine to still have sad days – you wouldnt be normal if you didnt

Heres hoping all our little angels are dancing around together somewhere special!

Lots of love and hugs,
    Lo x

Lo

Hi Sabbi,

sorry to hear about you having lost yr baby .
    i know some people who lost their baby too. and some cannot go on and have any children arent you lucky you are blessed with two girls 😛

see, MNG, I know you didnt mean this in a bad way – but these are the kind of comments that rip the heart of a mother/father who has "lost" a baby
    I had a miscarriage my second baby – my son was 5 at the time, and i was since blessed with a daughter, I am extremely lucky, and I am aware of all the poor unfortunate people out there who are going through reoccuring miscarriages, and i count myself lucky everyday, that, however does not take away from the fact that I missed out on the angel that grew wings!
    I know u didnt mean it in a bad way, but for people who have been through miscarriage, these are the comments that really hurt
    Take Care,
    Lo x

super minder

if this help . i mean no harm pet. after a few years of grief and she had no other kids to spoil . her husband planted a baby roses bush in the garden. and when she felt a little down she would sit by the rose bush. two years after planting she is expection a baby and the bush was her hope and her strenght.

thinking of you today pet xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.