ANGERY need advice!!

Home Forums National Chat ANGERY need advice!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

ok so … other half and i agreed to buy xmass gifts for the kids each, i bought the kids a few things from smyths and he has yet to buy them anything but thats not whats bothering me …… he will only buy them second hand stuff!!!!!!! come on wtf …. i am sorry if i sound ungreatful but he is not short on a few quid( i am!!) and spoils himself …… i am annoyed at him…. Am i over reacting ???? or is some else that same??

Taylor5

God thats a strange one!!! Would he be just saying it to wind you up? Sometimes men do things to wind us up, i give dh the christmas list, i consult on EVERYTHING, when we agree on the list i go and buy the stuff……. he will still go out and buy something really expensive thats not on the list, he just says "ah sure you bought everything, i wanted to buy something!"

Rise above it, even if the stuff is second hand im sure the kids will be delighted and will have an amazing Christmas and thats all that really matters. Maybe next year you should give him a Christmas list 😆 😆 😆
    Merry Christmas x

your right taylor5 and i am sure the kids will be happy with what ever he get but i am mad that he cant spoil his kids like he does on him self 🙁
    i did the list thing he agreed with everything then we go to the shop and all he says is thats too expensive …. jesus his obsession with money(not spending it on anyone but him self) is really doing my head in … then he says i spoil them …. er hello its christmas!!! 🙄

Taylor5

your right taylor5 and i am sure the kids will be happy with what ever he get but i am mad that he cant spoil his kids like he does on him self 🙁
    i did the list thing he agreed with everything then we go to the shop and all he says is thats too expensive …. jesus his obsession with money(not spending it on anyone but him self) is really doing my head in … then he says i spoil them …. er hello its christmas!!! 🙄

My husband would be a bit tight ike that, i think all men are selfish 😆 😆 😆 I dont go mental spending, im very clever with money but when i do spend dh always makes a comment, it does my head in…. but i just ignore it 😉 Dh is crap with money, i set up savings funds and the amounts that we save, i do the bills etc.. I did spend a bit in 2011 on the house to make it warmer and cut our bills, he still moans about how much i spent, even thought i hunted down the best bargains and cash jobs etc.
    He then tells me today he wants a new set of Irons (Golf Clubs) for Christmas, he has a set picked out, they are over a thousand euro!!!! Then being scabby with anything spent on me or the house, then he is happy to place expensive orders!!! MEN.. 😆 😆 😆

lol a 1000 on golf clubs er no!!! lol he will probably justify getting them lol thats for the chat 🙂

Taylor5

He informed me the last big birthday present i spent 2.5k on a set of clubs… eh that was 8 years ago and he was riding that celtic tiger! He is off his trolly…. a golf one!! 😆 😆 😆
    I seen a jumper for 45e last week and i put it back, i had already got one for 25e and thought it was too much to spend!!!! I think thats whats wrong Women think of practical things like bills as men think of ONE THING!!! 😆 😆 😆

Sexylady

Your dead right women put there children first and themselves last.
    I was given a 150.00 voucher for tesco and it all went on shopping nothing for myself.
    The best thing to do for a man is to stop doing there ironing etc.
    They will soon learn to treat the lady of the house better.
    My other half in fairness is very good come the weekend and the evenings I am free to do whatever I wish and he just takes over looking after the girls.

But I am lucky as my husband is not into golf or sports thank god.

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

I know they all have their funny ways, but i have to say im so lucky my dh is the best in the world, he is a great dad and i love him to bits…

He does work so hard he left the house this am at 5.30 and only got home at 7.30pm, he is under terrible pressure (they are letting a load of staff go this week, its so hard for him to pick who goes) On top of that he has just retiled the bathroom, put new floors down, wallpapered our bedrooma and insulated the attic, he is a gem….. but a greedy one!!! I was going to buy him something nice, but him being greedy and asking for something so expensive has really pee’d me off!!! 😈 😈 😈

Sexylady

The people we should be so peed off with is the government for all the extra charges there taking off working families who are paying large amounts of extra txs every week.
    It is so unfair ppl been discriminated by the government and not been able to afford a few things after working all year getting up at mad times going to work taking care of family doing the best they can do .
    But hey the government doesn’t care less how many ppl are effected by suicidial depression lack of social scenes for ppl etc.
    It is the ppl suffering and there families.
    Ii say we should all boycott the government make a stand for ourselves.
    The government politiicans aren’t depriving themselves of there Christmas presents while decent hard working ppl are
    It makes my blood boil that we have to suffer the hands of the government

👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿

Hawkeye

Now, now Taylor, you can’t generalise with "all men are selfish" 😆

I agree (from experience of dealing with people’s finances) that it’s more often the female of the couple who will be more methodical and sensible with budgeting and managing money but I’ve seen horror stories from both genders 🙄

I’m like that in terms of going into town and buying a few things for everyone else but skipping myself. I was always a bit like that but I think my outlook got more reinforced after surviving cancer. I’m happy to have a roof over our heads, food and heat and good health. I tell them each year not to waste money buying me anything as I genuinely don’t need anything else material (though a book to read and aftershave when mine runs out is welcome sometimes 😆 )

Full time mum, I can see how it can frustrate you but it’s probably not worth you getting down (and the kids noticing) just focus on the positives and next time around, plan ahead and get him to agree specifics so there is no confusion when the time comes.

Have a happy, healthy, loving Christmas! 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.