Andy Gray sacked by sky sports??

Home Forums National Chat Andy Gray sacked by sky sports??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Financial Companion
    Participant

Wow..wonder what the earlier incident was??

Financial Companion
    Participant

Just wondering what people think of this news? I know the comments were out of order but would a punishment of a fine and apology not have sufficed? What do you think?

Almae

no think a sackin was right…he is a pig

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sky Sports today terminated its contract with Andy Gray.

The decision, which is effective immediately, was made in response to new evidence of unacceptable and offensive behaviour.

The new evidence, relating to an off-air incident that took place in December 2010, came to light after Gray had already been subjected to disciplinary action for his comments of January 22.

Barney Francis, managing director of Sky Sports, said: "Andy Gray’s contract has been terminated for unacceptable behaviour.

"After issuing a warning yesterday, we have no hesitation in taking this action after becoming aware of new information today."

[size=85]Source F365.[/size]

happymumblemum
    Participant

What did he do?

Almae
    Anonymous
    Inactive

this is what they said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iwTAKdDr_c

That was the incident from Saturday, something happened in December which seems to have got him the sack.

Taylor5

Ah come one!!! Think the world has gone PC MAD!

A comment about a female sideline judge… about the offside rule, did see the clip today, the player was offside but not by much, so she did make the right call….. But for heavens sake!!

Everyone talks like that when they think they are in private, look at twink and linda martin, our could you imagine what the Loose women say on the ad breaks after having some hot male eye candy on!!

Financial Companion
    Participant

nor sure how true this is, but allegedly on December 10th he made a comment to charlotte jackson "tuck this in for me" that has made sky sack him.

Margo1

lets be honest here, foot ball is predominantly a male oriented game and while his comments were out of order, I don’t think he should be sacked for it. Most men, if they’re honest would probably say similar about women not knowing the offside rule – however, as sky sports presenters they should have been more profesional as the ref they were talkin about is a pro and knows her job. overall think the sacking seems a bit heavy handed.

in reality we all say things when we think no one is listening. i’ll be honest, i kind of undertand the off side rule but would not offer to explain to someone else…. 😳

and if we start calling him names then surely we are just as bad? he did wrong and paid for it but no point slagging him off too much and saying bad things, makes us just as bad?

happymumblemum
    Participant

Sorry the world has gone p.c mad……

Schools everything… its all a joke , I swear to god we are turning in to a world full of namby pamby idiots…

Deal with it..so someone said something saucy and sexist so what..call the police FFS 👿 👿 👿 👿

Jedt
    Keymaster

Its madness….he was good at his job but he made a mistake when he thought no one was listening; he did not do it on purpose or set out to upset anyone, he was caught out and its a pity for him that he was. We all say things about others when we think they’re not listening…too severe a reaction in my view.

was listing to Twink on Today FM this morning and she was being asked about her and Linda Martin and their famous spat and she was saying that yes, she spoke behind Linda’s back but she was going to say whatever she said to her face too but before she had the chance, Linda had overheard something and had it splashed all over the papers. As Twink said, they should have sorted it out between themselves and that would have been an end to it, bringing in the media just made it worse.

We have all gone mad. How are our children going to develop thick skins if we cannot say anything anymore without it being PC. Too far…

julymam

nor sure how true this is, but allegedly on December 10th he made a comment to charlotte jackson "tuck this in for me" that has made sky sack him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cS8OkAiXCI

I don’t know much about this guy cos i don’t really watch sky sports much lol but from all the comments on fb a lot of people seem to think he deserved to get the sack

rossylisa

That wasn’t the only time he made sexist comments about females tough. Just seen a couple of clips on the news and one of them was him asking a female to help him with his micro phone messing with his zipper of his jeans

julymam

rossylisa i think thats the link i jst posted above yours..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.