An Post Strike Dublin 4!! Grhhh! Passport

Home Forums Louth Chat An Post Strike Dublin 4!! Grhhh! Passport

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Moonflower

Oh i am so angry have no1 to moan & shout at so thought would post on here,have to renew my 10yr British passport….

had drama after drama over this…….eventually get it all sorted & post it off to British Embassy in Dublin,only for them 2 return it saying they do not accept personal cheques!! have to send a bank draft/postal order…so arranged this went 2 post & there is now a strike in An post office to the area where I want 2 send it!!! runnin out of time to get passport now…so wil have 2 trek up to Dublin etc etc

you cannot contact passport office by phone can only do by email,so have to wait for replies.

really sick of all of this,not very often i use An post for important stuff but everytime i do they just mess up.

Next time i think i will do the wrong thing just pretend i am stil livin in Uk & use my mums address,just shows u, u try to do things right way & come up against problem after problem!!

grrhhhh!!

Moonflower x

Taylor5

Moonflower thats terrible, but I worked in the post office for 13years would have done overtime and golfed with the D4 lads. Ive been on both sides of the fence…. have you sent it for the second time yet? Could you use a courior company…. the likes of Interlink express (drogheda based) you could arrange with the embassy for a courier company to collect the passport when ready, I sure they would accomadate due to the postal stike

Moonflower

thanks Taylor,but at this stage i have no sympathy wiv the An Post workers,might sound selfish but if you knew the trouble i have had trying to get this passport sorted out then this is the final straw……

think Dh is going to go to Embassy for me on Monday but am waiting for them to get back to me if this is allowed,if not i will have to use a courier….the thought of having to go up to Dublin and sort all this out when it shouls be as simple as putting it all in an envelope and posting it is making me very angry……as i said i dont use An post that often but everytime i do have to always get problems….

but then you have our lovely postman,wher we used to live who redirects all our mail himself from our old address,he is lovely but you some of the an post workers who all work 2gtha in big sorting offices seems they only want to do exactly as it says on tin not anymore & less if they can get away wiv it!! sorry but thats how it makes me feel & my sis in law bf works in sorting office so have heard stuff from him at how unhappy they are……..but my sympathy is running thin………

tried sending it twice now but they say it is just not worth it due to such a back log.

Moonflower

pheww wat a rant!! feel bit beta now….just off to Drogheda wiv Ds think we wil go out for lunch somewhere just 2 of us….maybe BB’s so i may be best avoided 2day if anyone spots me! 👿 😳

Taylor5

You need some of that cat poo coffee by the sounds of things 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

I know its terrible, I worked with some idots and they wouldnt help people out if it meant bending the rules a little bit, not that we would get into trouble but we would be just put out a bit or have to make an extra effort to help people…….
    I remember a Drogheda business woman was waiting for a parcel that was cash on delivery, it was over 1300 euro…. her husband had gone off with the cheque book and she begged me to give her the parcel as the plumber was waiting there for the part and they were trying to get the pub open on time….. I rang my boss who was really snotty that I was asking if it was ok to do this well know local woman a favour, he told me "Let it be on your head" When I worked in Dubin I would have done it no problem, well I let it with her and then my boss let rip into me for doing it 😯 😯 he didnt tell me I couldnt……. Her dh arrived that afternoon with a cheque and was very greatfull for what I did….. they also gave me a christmas card that year with 50 euro 😀 😀 😀 😀 Its nice to be nice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.