Alternative Therapies TV programme tonight

Home Forums National Chat Alternative Therapies TV programme tonight

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Moonflower

Hi, this was forwarded to me by the Irish Reflexologists Institute, so thought it may interest some of you & mayb some of my fellow alternative therapists as well!! sorry its a bit late notice, Moonflower xx

Hello,

It’s been an interesting few weeks with two media-savvy scientists criticising complementary therapies with assertions that there is little evidence to support their use.

We’re delighted to say that we have a different story to be told, that of patients who have received complementary therapies through the NHS and are now finding their health vastly improved. There is no argument about whether there is science to back it up, just deeply moving stories about people who are not well, who have tried the best of what western medicine has to offer them and have got increasingly ill. Then they were offered complementary therapies paid for by this government-backed pilot project. The results are amazing.

BBC Northern Ireland will be screening the hour long documentary Get Well NI on Monday 5th May at 9pm.

As well as viewing this in N. Ireland if you have Sky you can see it on channel 973 or 992.

Taylor5

Oh I’ll look forward to looking at that

Taylor5

Never got to watch it dh was hogging the tv….. deffo getting sky plus

Moonflower

Hi taylor,
    it wasnt what i thought it was going to be was it was still very good.Made me really sad to think of all the poormums up in Northern Ireland that must of suffered so much during the troubles…….many were addicted to anti depressants due to what they had seen or how they lived in fear…….teh programme was more about how to treat women going thru emotional problems with alternative medicine….very good……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.