all schools closed until Thursday, its definate

Home Forums Louth Chat all schools closed until Thursday, its definate

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Listening to news and seems that schools will be closing next week until weather picks up. Seems to be based on safety of roads, footpaths etc.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0108/educationweather.html

From RTE NEWS webstie "All national and secondary schools are to remain closed until Thursday 14 January, Minister for Education Batt O’Keefe announced this afternoon. The decision was taken following a review of the weekend weather forecast at a meeting of the Government’s Emergency Response Committee.
    The Minister accepts that the closures will cause inconvenience but said the safety of student, teachers and parents was more important."

Happymammy

I agree safety is definetly my first priority…

hjs

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IWILL GO KERAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mental safety my first priority, my own! How come northern European countries where you can expect it to be cold in winter can’t cope with a couple in of snow? Bizarre!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Yay great!!!

Must be tough for mums having to work though.

More time to play with the W.I.I, a cheer up New years present to ourselves 😀

hjs

Kids be bored by Mon night if not already I predict.

They need the company of others and the routine of school to keep their marbles I reckon – just like us!

Taylor5

Would preschools come in under this too? I told ds1 he was having a snow holiday mon, tue and wed… he went over to his globe and asked where his snow holiday was going to be….. you dont need a globe mate!! 😆 😆 😆

Babs

Are the colleges included in this too??

Taylor5

They did say primary and secondary school…. dont know about collages but if the weather is going to be as bad Im sure the whole feckin place will come to a stand still….I was over at dunnes earlier and it was -6

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.