*Ahem* Dare i say X mas bargains??!!! :)

Home Forums National Chat *Ahem* Dare i say X mas bargains??!!! :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    yummymummy

I know I know its early, but I know some of ye are just as on the ball as I am, so I htought i’d start a thread on bargains people might have seen, to make this year (what with the credit crunch blah blah) a bit easier on us all.

Ill start, Heatons yesterday, loadsa DVD’s (cars, chicken little, toy story 1 and 2, monster inc) €10 each.
    Books (peter pan, monster inc, aladin) 4 for €5.
    PS2 games for €6-€8 (old ones but if your kids are anything like my 7yo they wont care, a game is a game )

Choice has a new homeware store up there to, and there was fab spongebob toys, spidermen, girls dressing up stuff all for under €20.

Happy Shopping :)

ed1
    Participant

Ho, Ho, Ho. Yippee a Christmas thread. I started picking up a few presents in January so i am well on the way to being organised this year.

will keep my eyes open for bargains and post them here.

Yvonne

Ha ha! Mad that this is starting so early!!
    I have a few presents got already – need to be on the ball this year! Smyths have some good reductions at the moment too – I got a Diego Set for my nephew, €25 down to €15…

Yummy, thats great to know about the Heatons DVD’s, will definitely pick up a couple of them this week, E loves her films now!

Also, last weekend in Newry, the toystore was giving euro for pound – think it will be running for a while too..

Watch out for the Solomons warehouse sale – Yankee Candles down to €8!!

Taylor5

Where isSolomons warehouse? I got yankee candles last year and they went down a treat (from ds to his nana’s)

Play.com have brilliant offers, Robots and Ice Age for 5.99 (pounds)

Some other great offers…. Im just doing vouchers and clothes for the kids, just couldnt be bothered this year, dh can do santa and himself 😆 😆 😆 😆

ed1
    Participant

For anyone buying pj’s for kids this year, try

http://www.kids-pyjamas.co.uk

i used them last year for my boys and the quality of their stuff is very good.

Yvonne

Taylor, every so often the have a clear out sale – their warehouse is up by McCabes Garden Depot – they usually have an ad in the Leader when it is on.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What are we like, but it takes the women to get everything organised. Last year for all of the nieces/nephews we agreed on a €15 Smyths Vouncher for all the kids. Went down really great, because all of my nieces for DS’s for Xmas.
    My DH will kill me if i arrive home with any more Yankee, need to the thru the years supply i have first.
    What to get the boys for xmas will be my biggest concern. They are big into football but i dont know if the are too young for the Football table thing. I know D would be happy with a footballer kit.
    Get my holiday over with and school starting and then think about xmas

pinkbabe

Homestore & more in Blanch have some 22OZ yankee candles for 12.49 I got a couple last week & can recomend Fruit Sundae & granny smith 😀

Taylor5

Hi pink hows you?
    I love homestore might check out swords, that is a homestore isnt it in swords?
    Thanks for the directions will check it out tomorrow

pinkbabe

I am good, kinda bored tonight, was in Drog durin the week caught myself a bargain buggy in Smyths thanks to Trixie (for my niece/nephew) I got a newborn umberella fold silvercross for 129 euro (happy days)

Taylor5

Well done, I dont think I need a new buggy the two i have will do, i will be getting a buggy board, but one with a little seat, dont want ds having to stand all the time

scole1

oh i love this i love doing the x-mas shopping early….you have time to shop around and get what ya want too……tip though label everything and make sure nothing gets left behind, found some things last year forgot had got anyways, maybe get a large suitcase fill with stuff that are labelled and then hey presto no rooting for the stuff come x-mas, i too am getting cinema vouchers for the kids they get enough as it is from santa and relatives so any kids i buy for getting day out to cinema……

Yvonne

I like the idea of cinema vouchers! Would be great for 2 of my nephews and are impossible to buy for.

libby1
    Participant

Last year we did Kris Kindle with my immediate family and we also did it with friends,, it was great.

We got a €100 voucher for the gaeity as one of our pressies

Yesterday in Dublin , i noticed a shop off Grafton street selling jewellery sets for €15 – a closing down sale.

My kids love getting vouchers

They get so much, it is great to keep for a rainy day, they both have birthdays in October and November..

http://www.disney.com have HSM Clothes reduced for the girls i got great bargains there.

yummymummy

Well i started last week and i got 7 presents on ebay for a grand total of €80!!!!!! happy days!!!!!

now just have to sort my parents , brother, the bf and J and im done 🙂 and there the ones that will be expensive, bloody ps3 was asked for from santa 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.