advice on italy

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Travel & Holiday Expert advice on italy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    scole1

hello just wondering if you have any package deals ref verona or lake garda in italy roughly 14 nights i reckon….

we have someone who is not an easy flyer hates it infact, we have looked at sea and train option but quite expensive from here to uk but reasonable from paris down…

anyway we were also looking at villas etc but again expensive the timing would be middle july to the end of july (not this year 2012) and looking at possible accomadation in those areas for 8people looking to book if prices are reasonable during this summer

what would be the better option obviously fly and stay or any other suggestion…

but villa/hotel or b&b???

thanks so much

Jedt
    Keymaster

my advice is go and have a ball, we had such a fabulous time in Italy 3 years ago, hotel was fab, scenery was fab, so romantic…..oh happy memories!!

mammycool
    Participant

Oh, go if you can – Italy is fabulous – though very hot in July. I have not been to the North but I have done Rome, Sorrento, Naples(kip from hell) and the Amalfi coast – very, very beautiful. All very reasonable in July but very, very hot(was pregnant).

scole1

can’t wait it’s a family wedding so we’re waiting on confirmation of dates and it will be our summer holidays saving for it now i know a year away but trying to get figures so we know how much it will be….

i’ve been to rom and lived in italy for 3 months when i was 13 in l’aquila in a place called chivitello roverezto (sp) but loved every min of it, would love to go there afterwards with the kids return to the village and see the family i was with who are my second family in italy

libby1
    Participant

Italy is my next favourite place to here… My bil lives in Frascati outside Rome…
    Go quite often….

There is a great campsite outside Rome…. Hotels are nice but not very child firendly most of them – i mean no pools or playareas…

It will be very hot… w ish i was going with you

We are off to Greece for the Olympics in June

beams

We got married in Rome five years ago and honeymooned in the north of Italy, florence, pisa, luca, lake garda, verona, venice – beautiful just beautiful – cant wait to get back to visit again – just a special special place 😀 You will Love it 😀

Hi Scole1,

I’d be delighted to check this out for you …

I agree with the other members, Italy is such a gorgeous place!

What date are you hoping to travel? Would you like me to look at a 2-centre holiday dividing your time between Lake Garda and Verona?

Also, would you like me to look at car hire or would you prefer transfers?

Lastly, how many are hoping to travel?

If you want to send me to PM or email the details to me paula@platinumtravel.ie I can get working on it immediately for you.

Kindest regards,
    Paula.

taurusdebs

love love love italy, we went last sept with our 11 and 13 month old, has fab weather then.. we went to lake garda, did a day trip to verona, all i can say is WOW , we are hoping to go back this year just ourselves no kiddies, cause it was soooooooooo romantic 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.