ADHD awareness week

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LANA
    Participant

Today marks the start of adhd awareness week.my dd was diagnose a year ago with it even now i still dont tell people she has it .i think there a lot of stigma & misinformation about it. before my dd was diagnose i thought it was a label they put on bold kids .now iv educated myself about it iv a good understanding of it . i like to hear what people think when the hear "adhd" thanks

Yvonne

Elaste – when I hear ADHD mentioned and please forgive my ignorance! – I think of a child that is can be hyper and would need alot of one on one attention… that they are constantly going…
    Think its a good thing to ask people as I am sure it is misunderstood.

LANA
    Participant

thanks yvonne 4 your reply .its does make them hyper.but they can be great too .some people that know my dd would never think she had it ,because she not a bold child ,its more a problem with concentration and forgetfulness "like if you ask her to get 3 things she remember 1 ."it can be a nightmare out shopping because she can get so destacted and walk off on me .but she a great kid & can be very helpful …..thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.