Accomodation in the Algarve?

Home Forums Louth Chat Accomodation in the Algarve?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sweetypie

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend an apartment or villa in the Algarve for a family which includes 4 young children (including a baby). Just sussing out if its a possibilty at all this year.

Thanks ladies

Sweetypie :)

Anna77

Can’t recommend anything in particular, but holidaylettings.co.uk have a large range of holiday homes and apartments. You can search on access, proximity to the beach, child friendliness, etc. Hope that helps?

Taylor5

I know Scole booked an apartment in a complex last year for holidays and it was a great price and they really enjoyed it

Duncelt

Went to Alvor in September which It is absolutely beautiful, very family orientated. We stayed in the Alvor Ferrais apts which are very big. We booked flights and acc separately as it worked out cheaper. Both Ryaniar and Aer Lingus fly into Faro and you can book accommodation with 1800 hotels. Check out trip advisor for reviews.

scole1

we went to vilamora, was beautiful where we stayed was ideal, you could get a road train to the beach (we never did) but main thing was everything was on your doorstep….resteraunts, 3 pools, a bar and best of all a shop underneath, we could also get a take away sent to us if needed highly recommend, we were there in sep with a 12 week old and a 3 year old and would most definately go back again….

here’s the link

http://www.villarenters.com/rent-villas … -rent-3073

beams

Hi , we have booked the algarve through http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk – 2 bed apt 5 min walk from beach and 10 min walk to old town – ideal for us with a 2 1/2 yr old and 1 yr old. Owners are irish and very nice – chatting on the email telling us all about the resort – plus its very reasonably priced . Resort is armacao de pera near albufeira . 😀

Taylor5

Beams I LOVE albufeira, well havent been there in years but was one of the best holidays ever! Lovely town square and then down the sea front some yummy but expensive seafood

beams

yippeeeeeee – roll on end of May sooo !! So lookin forward to this – haven’t had a sun holiday since our honeymoon (4 years ago this summer !!) 😀

Hi All

I go to the Algarve every summer for my hols. I stay in a complex in Vilamoura called "The old Village" . Its 20 minutes from Faro airport and is fantastic for children.

I book through "Selfcatering.ie which is irish based. They keep a database of all irish people rentals available in portugal, take a look at their web site. There is a supermarket in the complex but it can be expensive. The Marina is only ten minutes walk with tonnes of faboulous restaurants and very family orientated in the evenings and you can get the train down but it is very expensive i.e €5 each way. The complex itself has several swimming pools, one area is for children including a play ground and the other is for the grown ups. The cafe atthe pool bar is very expensive so bring the ice cooler with the drinks etc.

Falesia beach is a twenty minute walk, but you have to get down very early as the beach packs up. You can rent a chair on the beach (Very expensive) our bring your towels etc free…which is always good.

I have a great time every year in this location and cant see myself changing as I have got to know the area backwards

Hope this helps

Susan

Sweetypie

Thank you very much ladi – I’ll take a look at your suggestions.

Sweetypie

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.