A thousand splendid suns

Home Forums Movies, TV, Books & Entertainment A thousand splendid suns

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Just finished this, was written by the guy who wrote ‘the Kite runner’.

It is about two women and how their lives intertwine. Its a really excellent read. makes you realise how lucky we actually to live here when you read a book like this. Griping, definitely recommend.

CaliGal

This is one of my fav books…I love the sisterhood in the book. Definitely a book every mom should read to appreciate what we have.

I know I need reminding myself at times 😕

Bookwitch

One of my favourites too

chewieodie
    Participant

Mmmm…. must pick up a copy….

I’m currently reading the Game of Thrones series…. also excellent…. if you like that kind of book…

Bernie

I found this book kind of hard to get into but once i did I couldnt put it down. Great great book.
    The title reminds me of another great book I read called Half of a yellow sun. Think it was actuall recommended by you Bookwitch. One of my al time favs. You’s enjoy it if you enjoyed a thousand splendid suns.
    Anyone who knows of any more books along these lines let me know.

CaliGal

I also loved The Red Tent by Anita Diamant…about women that had to go into seclusion when they were menstruating and how they secretly loved being free from their husbands and the households to bond with fellow women!

Taylor5

I found this book kind of hard to get into but once i did I couldnt put it down. Great great book.
    The title reminds me of another great book I read called Half of a yellow sun. Think it was actuall recommended by you Bookwitch. One of my al time favs. You’s enjoy it if you enjoyed a thousand splendid suns.
    Anyone who knows of any more books along these lines let me know.

Bernie do you still have this book?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.