A mothers work is never done….

Home Forums National Chat A mothers work is never done….

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Babs

I only have two kids and I don’t have the time…in fairness, I didn’t have the time before I had kids so think I just don’t want to find it 😆 😆 But seriously I don’t know how people with more than two kids do it!!!! I can just about keep the house ticking over, and as for the ironing…it usually gets done when the wardrobes are empty!! Recently I sent DH off with the kids so I could get in and clean…they returned EIGHT hours later and I hadn’t even started on the down stairs!!!!! It’s funny though, now that I’m working part time I am more organised and find that the house is tidier and the kids get out to school with less stress….so maybe if I worked FULL TIME my house would look after itself??? Maybe not!

chewieodie
    Participant

And today there will be more cooking…… chicken pie, casserole and ham something or other… 😆 All to be cooked and frozen… Have to admit, does mean a marathon session of cooking at the weekend (have trained hubbie well…. 😆 17 years of marriage has paid off 😆 ) Just makes things SO much easier during the week.
    I’ve given up trying to live in a show home…. I have kids… they have toys… they PLAY with the toys and each other…. Underneath it all, its clean…. just untidy, and to be honest I’d rather have an untidy home and happy kids than anything else in the world! 😉

Jedt
    Keymaster

I wouldn’t want to live in a showhome, it must beexhausting trying to keep a house tidy & spik & span with kids. As my hubby says, our house is clean but messy. I can live with that. 😀

organised mess we call it in are house 😀

super minder

can the kids help you after school . my son has job for to get extra tv or treats or day out.

daniel learned to pick up toys so i dont fall over again.

do a folding party in the morning pick say five friends who come for tea and fold clothes while doing it. then following week go to theres to do the same . fun and if you dont mind sharing it will make you laugh just hide your underwear if your shy xxxx

Jedt
    Keymaster

Angie with all your Ann Summers stuff I hope you hide your underwear 😆 😆 😆

munchin
    Participant

oh i love this thread – means my house no different to all the rest – my home is not a show"house" but it is a home! i do like things to be clean but hey gave up on the obsessive tidness when girls came along – it’s clean mess 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

Love that munchin ‘A clean mess’ – thats the perfect home to aspire to!!!

Taylor5

oh i love this thread – means my house no different to all the rest – my home is not a show"house" but it is a home! i do like things to be clean but hey gave up on the obsessive tidness when girls came along – it’s clean mess 😆 😆

Same here 😆 😆 😆

mammycool
    Participant

Well I have only got 2 kids and the house is a mess. When I had 1 – I worked full time and had a cleaner on a Friday for a few hours. I used to run around gathering up clothes and toys so that she could actually wash the floors and dust and clean.

Gradually getting a little more organised over the last 4 years. Changed the flooringthat was hard to clean. Got two sets of towers for the sitting room – 1 per child. If the toys fit in it – then they can stay in the room. If they do not, then they go back to the bedroom(that was the plan anyway).

The ironing is a major embarrassment – I have come to the conclusion that we have too many clothes. Do major ironing blitzs and then go a few weeks before ironing again(usually when we start to run out of clothes). Try to empty the dryer when the clothes are still hot so that they do not need ironing.

Food shopping is now done online and delivered at a time that suits me. Can now spend Saturday attempting to get some sort of order on the house. Last Sunday spent 2 hours just cleaning the kitchen – it never stops. You could spend an hour per room.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.