♥ Knitting ♥

Home Forums Louth Chat ♥ Knitting ♥

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

thinking about doing the knitting!!! any one done it or have any advice for me?? did any one set up the clubs?

i know 20 questions!!!

Almae

hi lawlessses

it must be something in the air , I started knitting this week , just scarfs mind you 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

think i am nuts though… i bought a book on it!!!!

Almae

i just use my brain , hence there isnt much in it 🙂 as I am only doing scrafs :):) lol. my dd asked me to knit her a hat and coat to match the scarf 🙂 LOL , she is 3yrs old 🙂 lol

Taylor5

Id love to be able to knit I remember how to do plain and pearl but my problem is that i cant remember how to put stitches up or drop stitches … confused… my mam uses her thumb to put stitches up and my sisters use two needles

Almae

taylor5

I was the same the other night :):) i just kept at it till i could remember

I can put stiches up with a needle , my mam said to me "what are you doing and i told her " she said "she could only put them on with her thumb also" must me a thing from when the mams went to school.

All i can do it plain and pearl :):) LOL but i got fab wool and you can see the stiches will post my dd scarf , this is only half of it when i took the pic :):)

I love knitting too but last year started crochet so much easier with only one stitch to think about. I go to classes in the prefabs in Ballsgrove on a Tuesday €4 a class from 10 – 12 with a cup of tea and a brilliant teacher called Geraldine.

Some of the ladies also do knitting at these classes. Since joining I have crochet jumpers for my daughter a cardigan and top for myself and various hats a scarfs.

Taylor5

must be a thing with the thumbs!!! …. wow the scarf is fab, can i have it 😆 😆 😆 love the wool where did you buy it?

God knitting is a good thing if your watching tv and knitting you dont have a hand to eat stuff with…. good way to diet

olivia 4 euro is great… i would love to try it but would rather evenings, i couldnt see a 1 year old watching us knit for 2 hours 🙄

munchin
    Participant

you know what that’s not a bad idea at all – must look into it – i used to knit years and years ago did a jumper and a plain tank top think – very simple patterns but i wore them so they turned out ok – as you say Taylor – good thing to have to hand in the evenings!

Almae

i get all the wool on ebay…I got more fab wool this morning 🙂

Taylor5 I will knit you a scarf 🙂

Taylor5

i get all the wool on ebay…I got more fab wool this morning 🙂

Taylor5 I will knit you a scarf 🙂

thanks very much for the offer but no dont do it for me…. I’ll do it myself 😯 I’ll say A did it 😳 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.