A brilliant preschool!!

Home Forums National Chat A brilliant preschool!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Babs

Just had to write and comment how happy I am with my weeman’s new preschool! Like many parents, I was dreading him starting (he isn’t quite 3 yet) and thought he’d never settle but now, a few weeks in, he is so so happy!! And so am I!! He is going to the Irish preschool in The Boyne Valley Hotel. The girls there are fantastic, so warm and kind. Neither my husband nor I speak Irish, but that doesn’t matter. He is a bright kid and I think this extra stimulation is brilliant for him. He has even started saying the odd word here and there at home, and we do try our best when we collect him (it’s amazing the Irish that comes back to you from your school days!!)….anyway, I just wanted to say to anyone who is wondering where to send their little angels, that you couldn’t ask for better!!

Yvonne

Ta se maith an buachaill!

Babs

Ta se maith an buachaill!
    😮 Maith an buachaill a ta se indeed!!

Babs

Ah God, he said slan today when I was leaving the house!! It is just amazing how quickly and easily kids pick up language!! Does anyone know if there are any Irish classes (BASIC!) for adults held in Drogheda? I would love to brush up, and I think it would be a great help for when I am doing my older son’s homework too!

munchin
    Participant

that’s brilliant Babs
    i’m sure i saw an ad in Drogheda leader this week for Irish lessons for adults don’t have it anymore though, have you asked the school itself they might know of one

Fabienne

Contact the gaelscoil they do lessons for parents, of normally parents of children in the gaelscoil, but if you have some interest, your case as your child goes to a Naionra, you could join the class.
    Worth giving them a call.

Fabienne (no irish as well)

julymam

Ohi am delighted reading your post, i am sending my little fella there next year and my daughter hopefully the year after 🙂

Its great to hear a good news story x

Babs

Thanks for that, I will ask the school! XX

Taylor5

I think the school have a coffee morning on Mondays or Tuesdays, a few mothers just hang back and have a cuppa and a chat, i know a few mums who did go and they picked up a good bit of Irish

boo

My kids go to Scoil Aonghusa we got a note this week about a new foundational course in Irish for adults.

It’s called Is féidir liom, running from 13.10.11 to 08.12.11 (8 week course) €80, venue Scoil Aonghusa, Sundays Gate, Drogheda. I think its open to anyone not just parents from the school.

web site http://www.isfeidirliom.ie

Tutor is Deirdre Kearney 086 2391384, if interested contact her.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.