A bit in shock….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

when i was on maternity leave I entered a lot of competitions to pass the time when bored & I got a phonecall this afternoon to say that Hailey is a finalist in the baby of the year competition for the Maternity & Infant Awards.I’m in complete shock as when I entered it I didnt realise that it is a televised event on TV3.I wouldnt be the most confident of people & the thought of being on TV has butterflies sommersaulting in my stomach.but I suppose I will just have to get over it,as it is all for Hailey.

I nominated her for the award as most of you will know she had a hard battle at the start of her life & we feared we were going to lose her but thanks to the great staff of Temple Street we have her with us today.

Anyway I will keep you posted & let you know if she wins :)

Fabienne

Congrats Hailey, you’ll be grand. Let us know when it will be on.

Yvonne

Thats great news, congratulations!

Be sure to let us know when it is on.

felicity

great news

libby1
    Participant

Thats great news.. Delighted for you all..

Fab… 😀 😀

Taylor5

Oh that is amazing!! Dont worry the lead up to it will be worse, you will be fine on the night.. Good luck Hailey x

Anonymous
    Inactive

We have to go to a studio in Dublin next week to do "green screen filming" with us telling Hailey’s story.I really dont know what to expect like will people do our makeup?!…..She said it would be used as montage thingy if she wins on the night.I think if i had known when entering it that it would involve the TV i wouldnt have entered,but its done now so im just gonna have to take a deep breath & battle through!

Taylor5

Give them a ring and check it out about the makeup etc… at least you can stop stressing over it. Go for it girl 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

TV3 are super nice, they will do your hair & make-up for you, they are really lovey in there so you are in safe hands. 🙂

we were all rooting for Hailey when she came along and will be wishing her all the best again now. itssomething nice so try not to be nervous and hopefully you will enjoy the experience.

joeyrudd

well done haileysmum 😀 and good luck

munchin
    Participant

oh Haileysmum that’s brilliant news – it’ll all be fine -best of luck and i know you’re bit worried bout the TV but try enjoy it xoxox

happymumblemum
    Participant

That’s lovely best of luck xx

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just to keep you up to date…..the green screen filming was so awkward,(the people were lovely)when my partner was talking i had to stay staring ahead at the camera like a mad woman.I was also so nervous that i felt i didnt even sound like myself & im sure i was smiling when i was talking about how ill Hailey was (it was the nerves i smile when im nervous,so i reckon im gonna come across a bit demented).they filmed us for about 30 minutes which they said will be edited down to 90 seconds!….The actual awards ceremony is on this friday in the shelbourne.we will get a meal & entertainment.It will then be on TV3 in a couple of weeks.

(also they didnt do hair or makeup,so heres my excuse in early as to how i am going to look on tv…also remember the camera adds 10 pounds! 😆 )

munchin
    Participant

Bet you’ll be fab missus
    Enjoy Friday at the Shelbourne

Taylor5

You will always judge yourself harder then others…. the camera can be very scary but when edited i promise you wont look like a mad woman, im sure a few of the girls will tell you about how we felt with the RTE cameras shoved in our faces, butterflies, stuttering over your words, yet when on screen it was never that bad… well thats what im telling myself 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.