A Big Thank You to all that attended D Hotel!!

Home Forums Louth Chat A Big Thank You to all that attended D Hotel!!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    sweetpea1979

After this morning, I want few things :
    not in particaluar order, and some serious some not so serious
    – a lotto ticket
    – a financial review
    – recipe for those cookies, or even better try some of cookie monster bake, sure they are even better.
    – don’t want the detail of the calories content

seriously, as you said before, many after coffee morning says it’s very informative, and it was.
    Felt really informative in a relaxing atmosphere, and no pressure put on us to have a review or to jump and buy any financial product.

But Dave, you killed my dream about a new home, 3 days ago, still am in the grieving period. Could be a short one if I win the lotto tonight. Because I bought a ticket 😆
    Ok, for all the outsiders, Dave did not kill me dream, just told me what I knew with the current mortgage rate and all, it’s not going to happen straight away.

So not used to buy lotto ticket, it took me 10 min to do it, reading all fine prints to know how many numbers, what lotto ticket (so many, eurolotto, plus, maxinumnerds or whatever).
    So I lost 10 min for a single lotto ticket, I culd have used it to dig out the contract of our mortgage cover, because don’t have a clue what’s in it.

So now Dave you must pull your hair out (maybe that’s why you shave, after people like me 😆 ) thinking did she not understood what is was about?
    And it’s not about winning the lotto, it’s about what to do with your lifetime plan until you win and what to change if you do.
    But still it pushed me to buy a ticket.
    I let you know if I win. Meaning, you won’t hear anything.

Fabienne

Fabienne, u really are a scream…I mean that in a nice way 😆 😆 hope you win the lotto…I’ll be standing right next to you collecting the winnings 😀 oh and please let cookie momster know about the cookies…I’m sure she’ll be delighted to drop round samples 😉 😉

chewieodie
    Participant

Well… you want to hear something funny?

I was sitting there today, thinking about the whole "aviva" story, and then it dawned on me….
    We took out mortgage payment protection when we took our mortgage…. and we had to make use of the cover for the full year, as DH has been out of work…, but that ran out in November….. 🙁

BUT, at the end of the term, our mortgage premium didn’t reduce….
    So, I checked today, and we’ve been paying e 82 for the past 3 months for a policy that we no longer are eligible for (as you have to be in full time employment for 6 months.. or a year… can’t remember offhand)… anyway, DH is contracting, short contracts….

So, needless to say, DH has very swiftly sent an email through to the company asking for it to be cancelled immediately. When I asked my bank why it hadn’t automatically ended when the payment period ended, they said that it would continue until I cancelled it…. as it is voluntary cover….

So, here we were, blissfully unaware….. all I can say is THANKS DAVE!!!! I could have been paying them indefinately! I know, my own stupidity, but sometimes you just don’t think….

Fabienne

About the lotto I don’t even when the draw is!

Financial Companion
    Participant

The two dogs on my lap thought there was an earthquake, I laughed so much reading some of that 😆 (Fabienne Euromillions draw was last night, irish lotto is tonight! 😉 )

Again, thank you so much for such warm, kind comments!

Sweepea – If you do all of your QFA exams, you can do some of my talks when I’m tied up! 😉

Scole – Don’t worry, it’s only a €50 fine for forgetting to hand up your sheet, but I’ll let you off as you’re digging out the dreaded "white folder" 😆

Libby – Glad you thought the atmosphere was relaxed! It’s so important to be relaxed enough to take in the details at that kind of talk 😉

Fabienne – You make some great points (for a lunatic 😆 just kidding! 😆 ) thank you so much for the feedback. Yeah, one of the points I try to stress to people whether it is a group talk, small coffee meeting or with just one person, all I need to do is explain enough for people to have a good understanding of their own situation. The only pressure should come from themselves to make sure they have things right! 😉

Chewie – Delighted to hear you checked and made a little saving each month! 😀 Like I said, many people will spend an extra half hour each week during shopping making sure they choose right and maybe save a couple of euro, but many put off reviewing what they deem "complicated" when they could be saving substantial amounts each month or just have more appropriate plans. The case from this week I mentioned where there had been a substantial rating due to height/weight ratio that we reviewed and saved them €303 per month!!! on a single case, they had put off reviewing that for over a year! It would have been an extra €4,000 in their pocket, but at least they’ve now made the saving!

HMM – "meeting groupie" 😆 😆 we’ll see after the next ten meets if you earn the title 😆

On a serious note, for anyone that does genuinely want to review their situation, don’t put it off for too long or it just gets forgotten and put to the back of your mind.

Some great question btw yesterday as well 😉

And the day was topped off with one of my raffle tickets (at the fundraiser night in aid of the little girl with leukemia) winning me a small hamper…….of beauty products, hair dryerand hair straightener! Irony 😕

Financial Companion
    Participant

Now if I can get these dogs off my lap, hit the shower and go get the shopping (with a list and full stomach! 😆 )

Have a good weekend all 😉

chewieodie
    Participant

Brilliant on the raffle Dave! 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

sweetpea1979

Brilliant on the raffle Dave! 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

wa ha ha ha wa ha ha rofl 😆 😆 😆 😆 I’m sorry but that’s just made my day…..sorry Dave – irony alright!!! 😛 😛

Financial Companion
    Participant

No chance of a spot prize of gillette fusion power blades and foam, or nice massage oil, or good music etc. but did get a bit of balance……..got handed the microphone at a late point and during the auction (there were some signed football jerseys etc.) and auctioned the services of the guy who organised the whole night (he’s a damn good builder) for 3 hours for any work required by the bidder!! Got €150 from one of his neighbours 😆

At the talk in the D hotel, I mentioned that one of the things I did when my own specified illness policy paid out was build a sunroom at back of house, he is the guy that built it, great, experienced builder, so watching his face as a neighbour "bought" him for 3 hours was well worth it! 😆 😆

Financial Companion
    Participant

It soooooo does not seem like 3 days since we were in the D Hotel 😯

I wonder how many opened up the filing cabinets, boxes, draws and biscuit tins since then to have a look at some of their existing planning details? 😉

And I can reliably report that Fabienne did NOT have any boxes of choc chip cookies in her shoppingtrolley in Aldi on Saturday! 😆 (best of luck with the healthy eating plan from today 😉 )

Are all the schools on mid-term break this week? Just had someone tell me that both of theirs are in school??

"The silicone chip inside her head gets switched to overload…" 😉

happymumblemum
    Participant

Tell me why I don’t like mondays!!!!! :lol::lol: 😆 😆

My dd only off thurs and fri

Financial Companion
    Participant

So you can sing as well HMM! Another hidden talent! 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.