9th of March i say Goodbye

Home Forums National Chat 9th of March i say Goodbye

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

I have been looking at what to give for lent….. well im not giving up, but more like cutting back on my internet use!
    I think i have settled on 30 mins in the evenings, to check emails and google and a quick hello

Might only last till the 12th of March but its worth a try…… going to limit my phone calls to max 10mins. Not saying Goodbye too the world just putting everyone outside on hold, no less diluted mammy , its 100% looking after my boys….

Going to make a too do list… 2 hours outdoor time everyday from the 9th, if not too wet (bit wet have rain jackets)
    So dog walks, beach walks (minus dog as she gets car sick) nature walks, outside Arts, sand pit came back into action at the weekend…. and help mammy clean and sort the garden for the spring (that will take about 8 hours a day)
    All housework has to be done in the evenings so NO HOUSEWORK durning kids time

Tv is going to be limited to 1 hour per day, maybe more during the midterm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How long will i last? I dont know, but wish me luck :lol: :lol: :lol:

( 2hours 😆 ) good luck taylor hope it works out 8)

Taylor5

2 hour min…. outdoors

A walk with the dog would be a good hour… my kids walk slow lol

The sandpit another hour… they have climbing frame, Den, trampoline, a dog. Two hours for THEM in the garden is no problem, its ME!!!! 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
    They were out in the garden on Saturday, ds1 came in after about 3 hours and ds2 had to be dragged in kicking and screaming for his dinner and the fact it was getting dark!!! Me i last about 1 hour, with my rubber glove as i HATE playing with sand 🙄 🙄 🙄

missysmum

Fair play to you taylor!
    Wishing you all the best with your new life plan!
    Sounds like you are ready for action! Its scarey how much time we can spend on the pc or phone without even realising it. I find it helps to stay away from the pc during the day completely or i can get sucked in 🙄 . I’m sure a lot of us mums would agree that we wish we had more time in the day to really engage with our kids or for outdoor pursuits but unfortunately there are mundane things that have to get done everyday too! Think its about striking a balance and doing the best you can on any given day. It definitely helps me when i have a plan/schedule for the day, no matter how loose it may be! Most of my housework is done in the evenings too which generally means that i spend less time on it and i tend to prioritise certain jobs. I’ll play catch up on the things i’ve been putting off every now and then, which works for me because theres more to life then housework right? That being said there are some small tasks that dd loves to do around the house and we make a game of them or even do them to music etc. and she really wants to help and be included in some of the smaller jobs (Normally involving water or noise, her fav’s are helping to clean the bath, putting away/washing/ cutlery/pans etc and making her bed which always ends up in a pillow fight – great fun! She loves to match socks too(we play "pairs" and "sock snap")as you know i’m a sahm and i completely agree with getting out and about everyday if possible too – allows both of us to burn some energy and enjoy the fresh air, there’s nothing like it. Hope your not being too hard on yourself, you have great little boys who keep you really busy i’m sure! Love the rubber glove idea for the sand pit, i normally just stand well back, what is it about women and sand 😆 .

Best of luck with it. 😀

Moonflower

you set a good example to us all Taylor!!! feel guilty over similar things myself….i gave up my little job i have done for last 4 years on computer was constantly logging on & off during day & eves to check messages to reply to & decided on 1st Jan to give up..for sake of bwteen 30 – 70 euro a month wasnt worth amount of time i gave it & has given us so much more family time….worth so much more than a few euros…

good luck with your new plan & dont feel too bad if some only last a few days i am sure you will still make difference with others…

mammycool
    Participant

Good luck – though I think if you leave all the housework until the evening, you will have no "me time" and will be drained.

happymumblemum
    Participant

Best of luck but everything in moderation Taylor I think if you are setting yourself such rigid goals then you are setting yourself up to fall short and become needlessly hard upon yourself.

If some days you spend 2 hours online then its not the end of the world just don’t do it again the next day.

Take each day as it comes that would be my advice.

Nothing wrong in wanting to spend extra time with the kids but something just struck me as being stressed ? sounding about your post, having known you on here for a long time. –

Smiley wave 😀 x

Taylor5

Thanks Girls
    Missysmum i was doing my housework in the Evenings as dh was working nights, but now he is back on days i’ve gotten lazy in the evenings…. i found if i gave a good hour or 2 in the evening when kids in bed, i had the WHOLE day for Arts and crafts and lego etc. I could just kick back in a clean house and chill with the boys, I hate when i says "oh i’ll play lego when im finished doing this or that"
    I do find im better if in dont logon durning the day, as missysmum said i tend to get roped in and spent WAY TOO MUCH time.

Taylor5

Started this evening to get myself sorted…. got playroom tidy, floors hovered, pile of ironing done…. have alarm set for 7am to mop floors and shower, washing machine is set to start a wash at 6am ready for the dryer when i wake…. Now what can i do tomorrow with my time??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.