9 Day De-Tox…..my diary!!!

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness 9 Day De-Tox…..my diary!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

During the summer I got into some naughty eating habits (too many BBQ’s and ice-creams with the kids!) and then for the past few weeks I have been battling a nasty flu bug and have been having lots of cups of tea with biscuits and lots of hot chocolate and I feel a bit sluggish now.

So I’ve decided to do a de-tox to cleanse out my system and get back to having good energy levels. My sister recommended this Forever de-tox to me so I am giving it a go.

It does not look easy but apparently I am going to feel great at the end of it so here goes:

Day 1: I got up this morning and took 2 Garcinia capsules (these are supposed to make me feel full) and then I took two little glasses of Aloe Vera Juice (this is supposed to help cleanse my colon out, yuk but good!). It is quite strict for day 1 & 2 and there are no proper meals but I am going to do my best to stick to it…. :D Wish me luck girls!!

This is the box you use:

munchin
    Participant

Best of luck Sabbi

Jedt
    Keymaster

Sitting here munching on some almonds and drinking a cranberry tea. Not too bad – so far!!!

Congratulations on starting your Clean 9 Detox and weight loss programme.
    Remember to take your Bee Pollen for energy and stamina!!

The first 2 days concentrate on cleansing the bowel, the subsequent 7 days help start a really healthy eating plan!

Enjoy your delicious shake and have plenty of nice herbal teas to get you through this miserable wet day!!…

Liadain 🙂

Yvonne

Good luck Sabbi!

Have heard great reports about this detox!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Its herbal tea central here today 😀 😀

I am not going to lie – right now I would love a cuppa and a chocolate biscuit but if I cave on day 1, I’ve no hope of getting to day 9!!!

I am sticking to this as best I can…..

Jedt
    Keymaster

Day 1 down, it was not easy but I got through it. I followed the plan to the letter but I did have a small cup of soup around 6pm when I was giving the kids their dinner because I literally had to have something warm to eat. But as it was a drink and not a big bowl of casserole (which was what I really wanted!!) I think its ok.

Aside from that, I stuck to it. I went to bed at 8.30pm because I was hungry so I thought the best thing to do would be to go to bed early and avoid the temptation of a cup of tea and biscuits in the kitchen!!!

Day 2 is tough as well, its all about de-toxing and there is not much food involved but I am sipping on green tea and munching a few almonds and some pineapple and feeling relatively ok. Had all my supplements and Aloe Vera gel this morning and went for a run and just back from that and feeling grand. Obviously, would love a bacon & egg sandwich but will resist!! 😀 😀

Spending quite a bit of time in the loo so think the de-toxing part is really working. 😳

Looking forward to lunch & dinner tomorrow – turkey salad never sounded so good!!!! 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

If you are a believer of ‘Better out than in’ then this may be the de-tox for you! I have been to the loo alot today. There is no pain or discomfort or anything like that but it really feels like I am having a good clear out. Sorry if TMI – promised I would be as honest as I could about this de-tox!

I have been munching on almonds & pineapple again today and taking the supplements and shake as per the plan.

The first 2 days are not easyand I am glad tomorrow is day 3 so I can get on a healthy eating plan and not be hungry. The supplements do kind of fill you up but there is no substitute for having your lunch and dinner so I am glad its only day 1 & 2 that are like this.

Roll on turkey salad for lunch tomorrow – can’t wait 😀 😀

Well done!!….. now the easy part – 7 days of healthy eating!!

You can divide up your 600 calories of delicious food every day. That may not sound much but you will still be taking the Garcinia Cambogia (which is considered one of the very best ways to curb appetite – Youtube), Bee Pollen for energy and 2 Vanilla/Chocolate Shakes per day with Aminotein, an enzyme that breaks down protein. Plus of course, the Aloe Gel which contains 75 nutrients, vitamins and minerals – including B12!!!
    Example:-.

Breakfast: 2 eggs = 160 cal

Lunch: 2 slices of turkey or half can of tuna mixed with rocket, tomato
    and onion = 140 cal

Dinner: Fillet of chicken, or salmon with plenty of roasted vegetables
    drizzled with olive oil and chilli = approx. 250 cal

Leaving you 50 cal to add either a couple of slices of gluten free crispbread with breakfast and lunch, or some fruit. All the calories are shown on the back page of ‘The Clean 9’ booklet.

Enjoy………..

Jedt
    Keymaster

Having a hearty soup for lunch, that should fill me up.

And I’ll be having an omelette for dinner – looking forward to that 😀

You really appreciate anything warm to eat after a few days of de-toxing.

Hi, make sure you have your full 600 calories as well as your 2 shakes. Not sure if soup and an omelette would suffice. So enjoy another meal today 😀

Tomorrow is you 5th day, and from experience of most who do the Clean 9, you will start to feel full of energy and vitality 🙂 🙂 🙂

Jedt
    Keymaster

I am feeling more energetic today.

I had some homemade shepherd’s pie last night instead of the omelette and I really enjoyed it. Was yum and I was full after a not too big sized portion.

Having fish today with potatoes & veg. Really looking forward to my dinners while on this plan 😀

Yvonne

You are making it sound very doable Sabbi!!

And fair play to you doing it so well! Am wondering have you weighed yourself at all??

Also, what happens when this is done… do they have a plan to follow?

Jedt
    Keymaster

Day 7 already – woo hoo!!

I had a little slip Saturday and had a chicken, stuffing & salad sandwich. Not too bad I suppose but I was having a hungry day and just needed something filling. I was good the rest of the day so I don’t think it was too naughty.

Aside from that, I’ve been very good. Have not been eating any biscuits or chocolate and have been taking all my supplements and shakes and healthy meals. Also, avoiding tea, coffee, alcohol as well.

Have not weighed myself yet – will wait until Wednesday when its over. I did wear some underwear yesterday that was too tight on me a few months ago and it fit perfect, so guess thats a good sign. I was delighted with myself trotting about in it (obviously with clothes over it for all you filthy minded gals!)

This is just a 9 day plan to cleanse my system and give me a boost, when its done I’ll keep going as I have been, heading to labfitness twice a week for classes and getting the odd walk or jog in and eating well – especially good Monday to Friday and then having some treats on the weekends.

Feeling quite good today – lots of energy. Might go for a run later (if I can face the weather outside and find the energy to part with my pajamas!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.