8 Year Old Couple Marries in Derby

Home Forums National Chat 8 Year Old Couple Marries in Derby

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Biggins

8 Year Old Couple Marries in Derby

A dying, 8 year old leukemia sufferer, Reece Fleming, dreamed about marrying his "special friend" Elleanor Purgslove some day. She accepted his proposal during a football and laser quest party thrown by his parents.

The parents of the couple organized a make believe wedding complete with a wedding dinner, a ride in the mayor’s limousine, rings, a vicar and a certificate. After the July 4 wedding, Reece told his mother "I can go now".

July 5 Reece died of his leukemia. The funeral party followed a horse-drawn hearse on foot. His mother, Ms. Fleming, said even on the day he died, he walked to the sofa. "We thought if he walked for us, then we would walk for him."

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … heart.html

libby1
    Participant

Oh my god, the poor family.

That is dreadful….

Taylor5

That is heartbreaking, he sounded like such a strong child. It may not be everyones cup of tea but as long as the poor child had his dying wish and was happy…. I hope his little friend is ok as it must be a huge ordeal for a young child to experience.
    We should count ourselves sooooo lucky when we read stories like this and treasure our kids everyday we have them

Happymammy

Little sweetheart 🙁

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.