6 weeks and 2 days pregnant

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Congratulations! What an exciting time for you.

Your symptoms all sound very normal. I hope they are manageable for you.

When to tell is a personal decision. Some people want to share their joy and excitement as early as possible. It can be very hard to hide all these positive feelings from people you are close to and who care about you. For some people it is impossible to hide the symptoms from work or people who know them very well.
    Others prefer to wait until a little later in the pregnancy when they feel more secure in their pregnancy and there is a lesser risk of not carrying to term.

Wishing you an enjoyable pregnancy.

childminder

Hiya Everybody,
    I just thought I would let use know Im 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant on my 1st baby…. Im so excited and nervous at the same time. I’ve had morning sickness most of the day and also suffering with headaches and my breasts are really painful i reckon this is all normal??? we have told my parents and his parents, when do i start telling others my good news im really excited and want to tell them but im not sure is it to early, has anybody any thoughts on this??? My due date is 17 January 2013 great start to new year. 🙂 has anyone any advice????

Anonymous
    Inactive

congratulations,its a very exciting time for you & your family.I think most women tend to wait until after the 12 week scan to tell other people but its up to yourself if you want to tell close friends before then.All your symptoms sound normal to me.i hope the morning sickness wont last too long for you.i hope you have a happy & healthy pregnancy.

childminder

Thanksvery much guys for your wishes, I think i will have to start telling people soon as we have a few family gatherings Eg: weddings, Birthdays…. I hav’nt had an alcohol beverage since i found out and have been telling people Im on antibiotics I cant keep this up Im also excited and want to tell the world. It’s a great feeling knowing that our baby is growing inside my tummy, It’s hard to believe Looking forward to my 1st scan. my Doctor has said it could be at least 12-16 weeks… if anybody has any information or advice for me i would much appreciate it.
    Thanks again x

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would really recommend the book what to expect when you are expecting,i found it a great book that was able to answer all my questions.it also tells you what happens with your baby & your body with every week of your pregnancy,very informative book.

Remember to take care of yourself,good diet & pregnancy vitamins & folic acid,good luck!

childminder

Thank you Haileysmum, I will keep a look out for that Book Im taking folic acid since i found out and trying to be good with the diet and sleeping loads. I just feel wrecked in the evenings, hopefully this will pass though.
    Thanks again really appreciate the advice. 😀

munchin
    Participant

Congratulations childminder
    I second the book what to your expect when your expecting loved it
    great to hear your excitment – enjoy the journey ahead xo

Anonymous
    Inactive

a more local book recommendation:

The Irish Better Birth Book (includes pregnancy, info about maternity services in Ireland and choices open to women in Ireland)

Jedt
    Keymaster

Love the better birth book – Tracy Donegan is a fantastic writer. That book is so informative and reassuring!!

childminder

Thanks Guys for all your reply’s…. All is going good I am 10 weeks now, have my 1st appointment so looking forward to having my scan It just seems ages away. Im feeling great, Have a bit of a sore side and back this morning but friends have said it could be my body stretching…. alot of people are telling me i am showing already could this be possible!!!!! Im loving the feeling of knowing my baby is growing inside me.

childminder

meant I have my 1st appointment on the 18 July, 😀

childminder

Well Guys, Im 14 weeks now and 2 days, had my scan done on wednesday and everything is great very active baby and good strong heartbeat was an amazing experience. could see everything on the scan the amount of emotions that i felt that day, it’s great knowing that everything is going well. feel great myself no sickness, craving icecream and loving my new baby belly. Im so happy. 😀

lyn11

Congrats its an amazing experience! Found pregnancy yoga great during my pregnancy and birth. Lovely class in drogheda!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Bodyright in Drogheda does pilates classes for pregnancy and they are very good, I went there when I was pregnant last year and found it really nice.

Glad all going well for you – it is such a special time, enjoy it!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.