50th Birthday present suggestions???

Home Forums National Chat 50th Birthday present suggestions???

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Trying to come up with ideas for a present for a friend’s 50th (female). Spa treatments are out. Any suggestions?? :roll:

munchin
    Participant

Restuarant voucher
    not too keen on voucher myself after been stung with HMV but hard to pick gifts
    Basket of beauty products/creams

chewieodie
    Participant

Theatre tickets… or tickets for a show? (My absolute best present… 😉

Meal voucher… nice idea too….

What is she into? Hobbies? Book voucher too if she is into reading…

Anonymous
    Inactive

if you are going down the voucher route,it is best to get one of the An Post vouchers as they can be used in 100’s of shops & that way they dont lose out if a particular place goes bust.

Financial Companion
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions 😉

She does a lot of travelling, so I’m thinking possible a kindle. (Have to check first whether she has one already!)

Anonymous
    Inactive

If i was you I would try & suss out if she even likes Kindles.As i love books & read a lot but I dont like the idea of a kindle at all,i much prefer having a book in my hand & turning actual pages!.

Obviously I may just be an old school girl & she may love it! 😀

By the way Its nice to see a guy take so much interest in present shopping,shes lucky to have you as a friend.

Taylor5

I find nights out are the best gift you can give, have a meal out and you pick up the tab…. memories are the best gift you can give x

munchin
    Participant

haileysmam i’m the same on books – friends of mine almost bought me a kindle for my 40th but checked with my sisters first who rightly told them i’d hardly use it. in saying that my mother bought one and uses it occassionally but only occassionally! If though the lady travels alot it could well be useful for that……..i’m lucky nowadays if i get a week away 😉

Jedt
    Keymaster

Jewellery Tree is fab, they make personalised jewellery. We’ve got presents for 50th and 60th’s as well as communions and weddings from Lisa in there and everyone is always delighted with their jewellery because it is personalised for them, so no-one will have the same piece they have. We even got a special bracelet made for my husband when he turned 40 and he loves that, so they do gifts for men and women.

HTH – see http://www.thejewellerytree.ie/

Highly recommend

Financial Companion
    Participant

Well it turns out she already has a kindle! 🙄

She’s not into jewellery (has more than she will ever wear!) so I think it’s gonna be some kinda night out. Thanks for the help 😉

munchin
    Participant

thanks Sabbi – i’ve just ordered one of Jewellery TRee’s bookmarkers for my niece! I wanted to get her something for her confirmation that she would keep – BUT my mother has her a bracelet – my sister who’s standing for her is bringing her shopping for a bracelet/necklace, i’ve already bought her ear-rings etc as presents so i’m chuffed i’ll give her the personalised bookmark now – THank you!!!!!!!!!!

munchin
    Participant

if she’s local have a look at TLT – and the D do nights out that incorporate a show in TLT. THere’s lots on in Bord Gais Theatre and lots of lovely restaurants to choose from

Jedt
    Keymaster

I’ve bought a few of those bookmarks as gifts. Great value gift but its something personal too.

The charms are lovely too. Nice gift for a friend when you do not want to spend a fortune!

If I was being asked what I would like as a gift, I’d say bottle nice bubbly. Thats something I love but would not buy for myself!

Laurent Perrier Rose is delicious. If my hubby reads this, he can take this as a hint for Mothers day!!!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.