38 week check up problems

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents 38 week check up problems

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Brenda2011

hey,was back to the hospital today and they werent happy with me at all,the protein level in my urine has risen again.so they want to admit me tomorrow for the day to monitor my blood pressure,urine etc….am a bit upset & worried about it all but i suppose im going to be in the right place if they need to do anything.they think its pre eclampsia so i suppose what will be will be,am trying not to worry but you know how your mind wanders & ends up thinking all sorts…just want the baby to be ok.

Fabienne

I always find if you’re in the hospital, it’s a safe place to be. They’ll check on you and the baby.
    No fun to be in hospital but it’s the best place to be.
    38 weeks, it’s nearly the end. And if matters get worse they can deliver the baby early and he’ll be fine.

Thinking of you.

Fabienne

Jedt
    Keymaster

try not to worry, you are nearly there and as Fabienne said, its the best place for you to be if there are any concerns about your health.

make sure to bring lots of books or magazines, your ipod and some nice snacks, just incase you have to stay in a bit longer.

keep us posted – hope this little babs arrives soon!!

Fabienne

Try to bring for the day check-up something that relaxes you.
    For me it’s cross-stich. Because you have to count the points your mind can’t wonder into worries or any thoughts.

One day I had a blood-pressure monitored for 4 hours, and I took my cross stich with me (so easy to do) and the nurse could not belive how much it made my blood pressure drop to a normal level, nearly even lower than I’ve ever been.

So bring something that will keep your mind busy so you won’t worried too much, will help for blood pressure.
    All be fine.
    It’sa day check-up, so they might let you go out and come again a couple of days later for another check-up. ANd if they keep you in, you’re nearly there. Just think of the baby that you’ll hold very soon in your arms.
    I know you’re worried because your friend had preeclapsia, but in many many cases and more it’s ok, no major drama.

So think positive, bad experiences does exist but they are the tiny minority.

Let us know how you’re doing.

Thinking of you,
    Fabienne

Taylor5

Dont worry, your pregnacy sounds so much like mine 🙄 😆 😆

I had pre eclampsia on my first, i went into the day clinic everyday for about 1 or 2 hours, my urine would be tested, BP and the baby on a monitor….this went on for about a 2 weeks, i just took a good book and music and chilled out. I did have an induction due to pre eclampsia and had a healthy baby boy.
    Dont worry its very normal to just pop in and out to get monitored, if for any moment they thing its getting worse you will be in to deliver asap.

munchin
    Participant

Brenda hope you get a chance to read this before you go in – I was admited at 39 weeks for the exact same reason – i had to the pee in a jug for 24hours – great fun with a 39week bumb 😀 and got blood pressure taken soooooo many times BUT you’re in the right place – take some magazines, books, and maybe a cd player. Try if at all possible to relax. I was eventually induced and have a now 5yr old girl – actually it’s her b’day next Fri 😉 BEST OF LUCK – it can all be a bit over whelming but just ask questions if your unsure of anything – and keep asking questions!

chewieodie
    Participant

And another one here too…. was in and out of hospital on my first…. blood pressure… protein etc…. and was induced at 39 weeks… pre-eclampsia… but was in for a few days before that too… eventually after being taken in and hospitalised 3 times, I told them that I wasn’t going home without a baby! 😆 😆 😆

He turned 6 in September… 😉

Best of luck hun! Chill out as much as you can… you know yourself, you don’t get a minutes peace once babs is here! xx

Brenda2011

hey ladies,by looking at all your replies to my post looks like i am far from alone with this problem occuring during pregnancy.

had a really long day in the hospital was there for 6 hours & had blood pressure,urine tests,trace was put on the baby,then had a scan to check the fluid around the baby & also had to have an internal examination to make sure that my waters hadnt broken.

in the end they were happy enough to let me go home they just told me to go back in if anything else happens & to take it easy & relax as much as possible.am glad its over,was a long & tiring day,going to get an early night

Thanks for all your advice & words of wisdom

Jedt
    Keymaster

sleep well…you are so very nearly there. feet up and spoil yourself in any way you can before babs arrives. x

Taylor5

I forgot about the 24 hour peeing in the jug 😆 😆 😆

God 6 hours is a long visit, but they did check everything, delighted you got back home, as Sabbi said relax…. it wont be long now 😉

munchin
    Participant

Taylor how could you forget that 😆 😆 i had a touch of SPD at the end of pregnancy and i’m not exactly slim jim so you can imagine the awkwardness of it but hey all was well and my dd is 5 already

Brenda glad you got home try and make most of time before babs comes – catch up on some movies etc etc i swore i would and ended up in hospital 🙄

Moonflower

thinkin of u brenda…lookin forward to toreadin of babs arrival…xx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.