€38,000,000 on Prefabs!

Home Forums Louth Chat €38,000,000 on Prefabs!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

OMG I can’t believe what I heard on the news! I wonder who has that contract?!?

I hope they sort things out, I don’t want my dd going to school in a box!

Taylor5

I spent 3 years of primary school in a prefab and we didnt know any better, it was a big thing after 1st class to move over to the main building
    Didnt see the news but it sounds like an Irish soulition to an Irish problem

Biggins

Saw the news item. The problems are more so duringthe winter. Heating them up and trying to stop dampness in them was (and could be still) a constant problem. I attended a school that had the prefabs. There was actual times when we had to wear our coats all the time in the class rooms at winter ‘cos of the conditions, etc.

You’d think in this day and age all that would be behind us but no, the problems still persists!
    So much for taking advantage of the Celtic Tiger period of time!

Taylor5

[quote="Biggins" I attended a school that had the prefabs. There was actual times when we had to wear our coats all the time in the class rooms at winter ‘cos of the conditions![/quote]

We were the very same, on winter days you could see your breath indoors 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
    I remember we had a mice problem but none in the prefabs the joke with the teachers and parents was that it was too cold for mice to stay in 🙄

I can see this only getting worse and worse, when they build all the new house they should be building new schools. The days of ireland having a good education system will be long gone if class sizes keep increasing……………… No money would pay you to be a teacher

Anonymous
    Inactive

Taylor you so right. I am a teacher and we really do feel demoralized … with poor conditions & class room sizes. I love my job & love the kids … thank goodness for that!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.