30 week check up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brenda2011

Hi I had my 30 week check up yesterday and the doctor said that my bump is measuring a week ahead of my dates (1cm bigger than it should be).she said this could mean a number of things including the baby being big or a lot of fluid etc. she said i should say it at my next check in 2 weeks time (im doing combined care) and if im still measuring big they may want to do a scan etc….has anyone else had this said to them?.

I have put on 2 stone already & its all bump,the rest of my body hasnt put on any weight (well apart from my boobs!).im just thinking at this stage for the bump to be so big & 10 weeks to go,im going to be the size of a whale by week 40!

Taylor5

Sorry im laughing here 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 I was 32 weeks pregnant and i was measuring 41 WEEKS!!!! They were 100% sure it was a hidden twin and after 1 hours or scanning with 2 midwives tracking heartbeats and the doctor scanning….. NO SECOND TWIN WAS FOUND PHEW!!!

It turned out to be a problem i had with fluids and i had to adjust my diet and the fluids dropped back to normal. Good luck and dont worry all these things settle down in the end

kjmam

i measured big for my dates too they done a growth scan on me at 32 weeks and baby was big and he arrived into this world weighing a wopping 10’3 😆
    this is not saying your measuring big for the same reason could be just a lot of fluid either way good luck with it all 🙂

Jedt

Don’t worry Brenda, so many mums I know are told they’re big and its usually nothing to worry about!!

I was told on 1st baby that he was huge, the doc actually said I may not be able to deliver him vaginally (after which I cried for 3 hours and was left terrified) but guess what, he was a perfect weight for me 7lbs 2ozs! It was all fluid that was making me seem bigger.

On my second baby they told me she was huge…I was not convinced and was not worried or afraid this time, I took it with a pinch of salt and did not worry about it and surprise, surprise, she was 7lbs!!!

don’t worry….you’ll be grand!!

Brenda2011

Oh my god Taylor5,i cant believe how much ahead in weeks you were measuring,you have made me feel a lot better about me being only one week bigger!.

Thanks ladies as always you have put my mind to rest

Taylor5

I know!! Beached whale 😆 😆 😆 The condition i had was Polyhydramnios, it was glucose that was causing it in me, a low GI diet got it under control.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.