16 year old stabbed in Drogheda in middle of day!!

Home Forums Louth Chat 16 year old stabbed in Drogheda in middle of day!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Was shocked to hear on the news this morning that a 16 year old boy who was on his way home from school yesterday, was stabbed in the middle of the street which was supposedly an unprovoked attack.

The poor lad is in OLOL with serious injuries and a man in his 20’s has been arrested.

I find this very frightening, I often walk around the town with my children at that time of day. This is horrible – I wonder what happened to make the man in his 20’s do something so awful?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man- … 80589.html

Jedt

This poor chap is in a serious condition in hospital and the fella they have arrested is being brought before Drogheda district court today. It is a puzzling attack – from what they know, the 16 year old was innocent and it was random and unprovoked.

That is worrying to say the least.

munchin
    Participant

think my mam said something this am about the man they have arrested was not long out of phsyciatric care – now i don’t know how true this is. Just scares me when i think i would often walk that area with hubby and our girls

ed1
    Participant

Its so scary to think that this can happen in broad daylight. I had heard that it was not the first time that this person had stabbed someone and that he was let go after the last time only to go and do it again.

My 13.5 year old asked me could he go down town with his friend on Saturday for an hour or two and I said he can. Then I heard about the stabbing. Now I am nervous again about letting him go. I know it doesnt happen that often but you just dont know.

munchin
    Participant

just to correct my earlier post – the man arrest wasn’t in care he was in prison and was only released 4weeks ago – well that’s what was in today’s paper.

Ed1 i can imagine being nervous but suppse we can’t keep them wrapped up either – maybe just have a chat with him bout being vigilant about who’s around him

Jedt

He was out of prison? was he in for stabbing someone?

Its mental he just stabbed that young lad. The poor fella, god help him and his family.

munchin
    Participant

the mirror says " a maniac who stabbed a schoolboy in a random attack was released from prision 3 weeks ago" "he has a history of violent attacks and was previously jailed for knifing a man who asked him for directions"

Taylor5

the mirror says " a maniac who stabbed a schoolboy in a random attack was released from prision 3 weeks ago" "he has a history of violent attacks and was previously jailed for knifing a man who asked him for directions"

OMG!!! The Nut job should be locked up for life! Stabbing 2 people in random attacks, he will do it again! I hope the young lad is okay

Jedt

has there been any update on the young lad?

ed1
    Participant

The lunatic who did the stabbing was jailed in 2011 for 3 years (obviously didnt serve it) for attacking a man in Mount st Oliver for no reason and also for getting involved in a row at the bus depot even though the row had nothing to do with him in the beginning. He just decided to join in. Another article I read about him was back in 2010 he was arrested on numerous occassion for theft, and also assult of a man walking hisdog on bettystown beach. He really should be locked up as he is dangerous. It will only be a matter of time before he kills someone.

http://www.drogheda-independent.ie/news … 47977.html

http://www.drogheda-independent.ie/news … 57278.html

I think the young lad he attacked last week is doing ok. My sons friend is his friend on FB and he has updated that saying he was fine.

Jedt

Thats so awful. The poor lad was just heading home from school – its sick to think this kind of thing is happening on our streets, in the middle of the day. 🙁

He needs tobe properly locked up for a long time – maybe even in a psychiatric hospital

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.