€15,000 per day on garda drivers & state cars

Home Forums National Chat €15,000 per day on garda drivers & state cars

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire … 55552.html

HE PROVISION of Garda drivers and State cars to Cabinet Ministers, former taoisigh, the President, Chief Whip, Ceann Comhairle and others has cost almost €11 million in the past two years, it has emerged.

This represents expenditure of €105,000 per week, or €15,000 per day. Fine Gael has vowed to end the practice of supplying the cars and Garda drivers, saying if it were in government a car pooling system would be introduced.

What can I say……..€15,000 per day…..to put it in context thats the same as paying one day’s jobseekers allowance (€32.67) to 459 peopl. :roll:

libby1
    Participant

Did you see the big strike in france today? Why not have one here in each town……………………….

Taylor5

Did you see the big strike in france today? Why not have one here in each town……………………….

Libby i agree… my aunt who is in her 70’s and was big into the union movement in the 60 and 70’s, she thinks the whole country should come to a STOP…. JUST STOP YOUR CAR in the middle of the road, sit at your desk, for one hour, bring the country to a stand still!!!!

Bertie still has a state car under his ass…. and will have for another few years.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.