10 week Parenting/Child playgroup at DKIT Dundalk

Home Forums Louth Chat 10 week Parenting/Child playgroup at DKIT Dundalk

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    CaliGal

DKIT in Dundalk are running a 10 week Parenting/Child playgroup focused on parenting support. They will provide healthy snacks for the children, a great new stash of toys, and plenty of parenting support. All Mums/Dads/Grandparents/Carers welcome!

The group will meet for 10 consecutive Mondays from 10-12 beginning Monday Feb 7.

This is a FREE playgroup but is limited to 15 parents. The college ran a similar course last semester with full attendance and a lengthy waiting list.

To sign up please email Carol McGowan the organizer at carol.mcgowan@dkit.ie or contact her at 087 268 9737

MaryE

what do you mean by parentingsupport??

What type of things do you discuss/ do with parents & why?

mc2010

are dads welcome…my dh is minding our children at the mo as hes not working and we can;t afford creche fees and hes going off his head!!there has to be more dads like him staying at home?he reckons parent and toodler means mum and child I told him thats not the cause but there is very rarely any dads at these things!

pookie2

mc2010, you in Dundalk?

Couple of things:

Our boys are under 4 & in creche & baby due next week (I’m on maternity leave)

Don’t know what ages your kids are, but parent-toddler group (up to pre-school age) in the Redeemer Resource centre Thurs from 10.30 am & we’d be delighted to see him there. Mostly women, but if you warn me that he’s coming, I’ll take him under my wing. I’m not a bit shy!

My hubby works on short term contracts & can be away for ages & then home for ages. He’s not from Dundalk – neither am I – & not the best at putting himself out there to meet new people. Do you think he might be interested in meeting up with my hubby? They’d have a certain amount in common…PM me if it might be a runner.

There are bound to be loads of dads in the same situation.

Might try & get him to go to this course too.

CaliGal

what do you mean by parenting support??

What type of things do you discuss/ do with parents & why?

I am not sure of the details as the organizer contacted me to try and help her spread the word. The Child Development students at DKIT are running this course so I am sure there will be a wide range of topics and support covered and they are open to areas of suggestion if something you want covered isn’t 😀 They ran a similar series of playgroups last semester and they were well oversubscribed with a weekly waiting list.

It would be best to contact Carol the organizer to find out particulars if you need more concrete info ;0

CaliGal

are dads welcome…my dh is minding our children at the mo as hes not working and we can;t afford creche fees and hes going off his head!!there has to be more dads like him staying at home?he reckons parent and toodler means mum and child I told him thats not the cause but there is very rarely any dads at these things!

Yes dads are definitely most welcome and encouraged to come. I have seen more fathers in the last year at playgroups as there are many stay at home dads now!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hey mc2010,

There are dads at lots of the Mumstown get togethers nowadays. Each month in Drogheda and Dundalk there are dads there.

If your hubby wants to come to the next Dundalk event in the Marshes, he is most welcome, its on Thursday 3rd Feb from 10-12 at the Bagel Bar. Free nibbles for parents so a very cheap morning out and a chance for a yap and for the babies/toddlers to play. Pookie, if your baby has not made an appearance hope to see you and maybe mc2010’s hubby on 3rd Feb!

This course sounds like a good idea and no charge, great way to pass a morning and learn something new too, a great initiative. Worth following up for more details.

Thanks for posting it Caligal.

pookie2

A few places left on the course mc2010. Have my name down, but have asked them to bump me off if someone with more pressing needs applies. If your hubby comes along & to the Redeemer meet up, at least he’d see a familiar face or two!

Definitely Sabbi!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.