Re: depression and the stigma attached to it

Home Forums Pregnancy Loss, Bereavement & Depression depression and the stigma attached to it Re: depression and the stigma attached to it

chewieodie
Participant

Aw Joey…. 🙁 Thats the problem with depression…. we don’t know why we feel that way, we just do….

Sometimes medication is the answer…. but perhaps the type / quantity of medication isn’t the right fit for you. And perhaps you need to actually talk to someone more on the psychologist route who could help you, as opposed to GP?

Through different circumstances / events…. I too landed up on anti-depressants. But being the control freak that I am…. I also couldn’t handle the "walking around in a bubble" feeling…. I’m too much of a control freak. So, I landed up seeing a psychologist, who had brain enough to see right through me. I had seen folk in the past who I had been able to walk over / fool into believing that I was totally on board with everything they were saying. Whereas this chap basically knew how to deal with me…. Think Good Will Hunting… 😉 Through different methods, we made it through…. and I saw the other side…. 😉

Perhaps you need to investigate some other options? I’m here if you need to chat… 🙂 Either on here, or pm me….

*** hugs ***