Re: A Little poem for working Mum’s

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents A Little poem for working Mum’s Re: A Little poem for working Mum’s

lellykelly

And then to feel guilty about feeling guilty becuase its such a time waster; its never ending!! I definitely think that its because in a way our generation is breaking the mould. For most of us, our mothers were probably at home part time if not all the time but now, the majority of mothers are outside the home in equal measure (if not more) than the dads. So its something alien to us; to think of our kids at home without their mam. I often think of my daughter when shes in her 20s & 30s with her own family and the opposite will be the truth, it wil be strange if she stayed at home. In a way I think I am doing her a service, she wont have the same depth of feeling I hope as its what she grew up with but maybe thats wishful thinking.

Having said that I printed the poem & have it in my wallet. Too often, I get caught up thinking that the dishes have to be done or everything has to be right when in reality that probably only matters to me!